amuck-landowner

Ideas and suggestions for vpsBoard

vanarp

I know I can do "Mark all Read". But is there a way to mute specific threads so they do not appear when I click "View New Content"? I expect them to appear only when I manually visit the respective forum section.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
I know I can do "Mark all Read". But is there a way to mute specific threads so they do not appear when I click "View New Content"? I expect them to appear only when I manually visit the respective forum section.
Actually, I do think this exists.  I’m fairly sure I muted two subforums... and now I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get them to show under ’New Content’ again >_>

clarity

You can filter the new content that shows up when you use the "View New Content", but I am not sure that you can all the way to a thread level. it would be a cool feature. I don't like to hear people complain here so I would like to mute all of those from the beginning.

Shados

Professional Snake Miner
+1 for this.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
I want a spam room where I can post any offer I want to with any specks I feel like without you have to tell me what to post and I want to post as many times as I want simply i want a spam box
Simple! In a SSH prompt type "echo $youroffer > /dev/null"

Mike

Verified Provider
I want a spam room where I can post any offer I want to with any specks I feel like without you have to tell me what to post and I want to post as many times as I want simply i want a spam box
He needs to find a new industry...

mack.long

I think to keep this place simple. Not hugh rules or anything.. and not influence by other people or old buddies - those are killing most of the forums.

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
I have a suggestion, please could you improve the ignore features I am so frequently told to use?

Because:

YZ1pKjz.png

Also it would be good to add topics started and have an option to 'do not allow user to see my posts' also.

I did not want to have to but I think ignoring the shit flinger is all I can do now.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh you will enjoy it... You've been on my list since I brought the feature up Ant.

It's nice, manual override when your curiosity can't be controlled.  A single clicky and he's back...

You still get to see me in user quotes :)

I *only* mentioned that feature twice...

As for the WTF, lol.   Get busy, I think you have an ad to post.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I have a suggestion, please could you improve the ignore features I am so frequently told to use?

Because:

YZ1pKjz.png

Also it would be good to add topics started and have an option to 'do not allow user to see my posts' also.

I did not want to have to but I think ignoring the shit flinger is all I can do now.

Oh you will enjoy it... You've been on my list since I brought the feature up Ant.

It's nice, manual override when your curiosity can't be controlled.  A single clicky and he's back...

You still get to see me in user quotes :)

I *only* mentioned that feature twice...

As for the WTF, lol.   Get busy, I think you have an ad to post.
Play nice you two.

Anthony, I'll see if there are any plugins that may enable better 'ignoring' features if the functions of the stock one is not enough.

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
The guy is a f*****g lunatic.

I have been on on his list but he reads the posts anyway... completely idiotic.

He only mentioned it twice, so wrapped up in himself I could only be talking about him.

Yeah.... you know what MannDude just close my account, I am done here thanks.

Anthony.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
SpitTheDummy.jpg

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
You could make your community better by fixing the registration form.  Why The F*** isn't "Voluptuous Peruvian Sluts" an acceptable answer for "What does VPS stand for"????

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
It wasn't suggested in here, but I did disable the who is online feature, as well as the showcasing of who is viewing forums and threads. It simply prevents stalking someone around the forum to see who is lurking particular threads. There is the anonymous login feature, but I rarely see it being utilized and at best maybe 5-10% of the users was using while logged in.

Not a big change. No one has even mentioned it and it's been over a week I believe. :)

amuck-landowner