amuck-landowner

Let's track the ranking of this forum...

DeanClinton

Is the lower the Alexa number the better? If so I am chuffed with the ranking of a forum I moderate & host :)

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rallias

@Kris, Phew, it's only an extension for chrome. Not like the fucking Ask Toolbar that got installed when I installed manycam.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Alexa numbers I don't think are solely based on toolbar installs anymore.

Their numbers/rankings do lag by quite a few days.  Meaning, the traffic uptick for this site and downtick for the other won't be seen until mid to end of next week roughly.

udk

Verified Provider
On the subject of alexa, who actually goes out of their way to install the extension/toolbar? Isn't that like their main way of generating traffic data?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Good idea. I just recently setup Google Analytics however the reporting is strange right now.. Unsure if that is because it's less than 36 hours old or what. It just shows a single day's visits but doesn't show the live visits.

UNSURE if the reports were for a full 24 hours, but the only report I have shows that there have been 1,700+ visits, 794 unique visitors, and over 22,000 page views. Once again, unsure if that is for a full 24 hour period or not.

Screenshot - 05172013 - 05:02:42 PM.png

Thanks Colocrossing!

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
Page Rank and Alexa, both extremely poor in analyzing metrics of a site.

If I was going to purchase a website for 1 million dollars my due diligence would include neither 'page rank' or Alexa as a formula in deciding to close.

Last edited by a moderator:

vanarp

Here is the latest update...

oLe5sqv.png

@MannDude, Can you check to see in Google Analytics if there is organic traffic already to this site?

How about the idea to make the stats open to all by using statcounter or histats ?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
@MannDude, Can you check to see in Google Analytics if there is organic traffic already to this site?

How about the idea to make the stats open to all by using statcounter or histats ?
General Overview:

TrlcV1M.png

Search overview:

fOITgdT.png

Not to knowledgeable about 'SEO', will look into how to better it. Will look into a stat counter too, thanks.

vanarp

@MannDude, Good to see those real stats :)

We can use the same thread or another dedicated one to see these real stats every week and be proud of... 

http://www.google.co...owendtalk sucks
Doing good at vpsBoard is enough to take revenge on other site. I think it is unethical to intentionally post negatively about the other community repeatedly IMHO. Please think about it.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
@MannDude, Good to see those real stats :)

We can use the same thread or another dedicated one to see these real stats every week and be proud of... 

Doing good at vpsBoard is enough to take revenge on other site. I think it is unethical to intentionally post negatively about the other community repeatedly IMHO. Please think about it.
Yeah, now that the heat has died down im likely going to merge all those topics anyhow into one. A lot of repetitiveness from the multiple threads.

bizzard

Any plans to make the analytics data available to public? Personally, I have felt piwik better than Google Analytics. It have features to provide public access too.

amuck-landowner