amuck-landowner

Let's track the ranking of this forum...

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder

Any plans to make the analytics data available to public? Personally, I have felt piwik better than Google Analytics. It have features to provide public access too.
Eh, no real plans to do so at this time. I mean, if we were trying to sell ad-spots, then that'd be a great idea but since I'm not really selling ads I don't want to make the stats too public. I will say that we get about 25K page views a day (well, average based on the 4 days of collecting stats) and our Alexa page rank increases daily. =]

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
25k page views a day is nothing to sneeze at.  That's quite a big quick jump :)

Impressive since I block Google Analytics and my page views aren't being counted in that pile... 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
According to Alexa:

lk.4e90c553f186c9776976b5b11dba4ea4.png  Sri Lanka 11,012

Sure are popular in Sri Lanka :)

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Of course, I have to ask about this:

Top Search Queries for Vpsboard.com

Query

Percent of Search Traffic

fraudrecord

100.00%

Any idea of what that is about?  Why you would be "placing" for fraudrecord and doing so for 100% of search traffic?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Of course, I have to ask about this:

Top Search Queries for Vpsboard.com

Query Percent of Search Traffic 1 fraudrecord 100.00%

Any idea of what that is about?  Why you would be "placing" for fraudrecord and doing so for 100% of search traffic?
Hmm, probably because there was a thread on here before the LET invasion discussing fraudrecord?

MCH-Phil

Verified Provider
Another + for piwik here also.  I used google analytic for the longest time and then found piwik.  Only downside with piwik is the beating it will put on your MySQL database with popular sites.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I trust Google ZERO.  I highly advise those I care about to dump Analytics along with other G' man products.

Noticing Alexa is showing an interesting spike on the graph for site traffic rank probably for Saturday and Sunday.  Graphs reflect it, but numbers do not.  Alexa is often like this.  Looks like 60k rough ranking.  Pretty big spike there.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I trust Google ZERO.  I highly advise those I care about to dump Analytics along with other G' man products.
I use Analytics and the hosted PIWIK by raymii.

That way I can compare the results and use the best features of both alternatives.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I use Analytics and the hosted PIWIK by raymii.

That way I can compare the results and use the best features of both alternatives.
Thanks for the Piwik mention....Looks awesome and it is crowd funded software.

Yes, we should try to get Piwik up and going I think and cut the G'men out of here since this ain't no stinking corporate sold out forums like the other 'community'.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I'll look into Piwik, it's been a while since I used it.

I just noticed this today, it made me smile:

6vUBWt1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner