amuck-landowner

Post your workspace/workarea/job sites :D

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Some of you guys have some quite nice setups.

I've made some recent updates to mine so perhaps I'll snap some photos in a bit.

blergh

Verified Provider
3wTUdX6.jpg

Need a new desk & monitor, had two HP's but one just went poof :(

Last edited by a moderator:

fisle

2iol8l.jpg

Got an extra monitor, hurray more space for IRC!

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Figured I'd add one of mine then... here you go!

1461677_10151783471841980_989820041_n.jpg

Excuse the quality - can't be arsed sorting the lighting :)

Top screen - network/system monitoring. Left screen for IRC, movies, chat etc. Right screen is my main work screen.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Aldryic, is that a spazball?

How do you even...

fisle

Oh, hah.  That would be this one.  I use a Logitech for my workstation at the house, and a G500 on my gaming rig.  For pretty much everything but gaming, I prefer a trackball - especially when using 3+ monitors.

I tried to switch to using trackball, but found it to be very inaccurate, a.k.a. the learning curve was a bit too high for me. How long did it take you to master the trackball?

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Not a trackball fan at all. I remember them on the old Apple Books of yesteryear.. just annoyed the hell out of me.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
@Aldryic:

What's up with all those phones? :D
There's only three.  My personal cell that I used to take the pics, the one to the right of the calculator (an HTC HD2) that I use for my work phone (and Pandora/Subsonic), and my office line to the left of the calculator.  Those four handhelds on the dock on my side table are the Intermec CN50 HHCs that the drivers use when making deliveries.  Amongst other duties, I repair and maintain most of our on-site gear.

I tried to switch to using trackball, but found it to be very inaccurate, a.k.a. the learning curve was a bit too high for me. How long did it take you to master the trackball?
I honestly couldn't say.. I've been using (and preferring) trackballs since I first had one of these old bastards (not the exact one, but pretty close) almost 20 years ago.  I will admit that switching to a new type will throw me off for a bit - it took me about a week to really get used to that big Kensington.  And the Logitech I have at home is my 4th one.. I just keep buying the same model when the old one is ready to be thrown out >_>

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I'll clean mine up a bit and post it. It's a wreck right now as the week is almost over.

amuck-landowner