amuck-landowner

The gun thread

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Just installed my new 15" freefloat handguard, new muzzle brake and and gas block. Photos soon.

Mayday

I wish ranges were more common in Canada.

The few times I went shooting (once in Vegas, once in Texas), it was a hell of a lot of fun.

I could trailer park boys it in the back woods but eh...

Francisco
There are rock and sandpits on so many of the back roads you don't need to go far and they work just fine :)

Here is the one I have on order:

zoom_1895sbl.jpg

I am moving into some serious Grizz country and the 45-70gov has enough oomph easily with the 405g and I can load up lighter with the 300g for other game elk deer etc and knock em down easy at 200-250 yards. Perfect little brush gun with huge hitting power.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mayday

Looks damn nice. Never had the chance to shoot something like that. Only real assault style rifle i got to try was a MG-42 which was a pretty cool experience. other than that i have just always been hunting rifles, shotguns with the occasional handgun.

Hickok cracks me up, great vids.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Looks damn nice. Never had the chance to shoot something like that. Only real assault style rifle i got to try was a MG-42 which was a pretty cool experience. other than that i have just always been hunting rifles, shotguns with the occasional handgun.

Hickok cracks me up, great vids.

Thanks. I love shooting rifles. Truth be told I'm a pretty horrible shot with a pistol, I think even after 1,000+ rounds through my pistols I still anticipate the recoil or something and it effects my ability to shoot.

Rifles on the other hand, I do much better with.

A MG-42 would be awesome to have, though they're full-auto only, right? Would be quite the expense here. Citizens can legally own full auto weapons but it's not cheap from what I understand. I've not looked into it that much.

And Hickock is great. Good sense of humor and from what I've read he's a nice dude off camera too. Insanely skilled with pistols as well. People seem to run into him quite often in Tennessee at random gun shows and shops.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Been working on converting my Vepr into a more maneuverable scout rifle - easily exchangable accessories, QD fittings, etc.  Finally got everything assembled tonight, and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

veprfinal1.jpg

veprfinal2.jpg

veprfinal3.jpg

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Just picked this guy up and am pretty stoked, S&W was having a promo for three free mags so hopefully those should be arriving soon!

3eHEVgc.jpg

Nice! How do you like it? I've fondled a couple at the shop and considered one when choosing my carry piece but in the end went with my Kahr since I already have a S&W (4566TSW)...

The folks at my LGS carry them and swear by them, as do thousands of others. Can't go wrong. S&W has great customer service too if you ever need to use it.

Well, I didn't buy a new 'gun'... but I am waiting on an 80% lower to arrive (should be here tomorrow) that I'll need to mill out and turn into a lower for an AR15 "ghost" pistol I am wanting to build.... more on that later. It will be a slow build.

For inspiration though:

db15_ar_pistol_fde_7.5_pic_1.jpg

PHoto-4.jpg

ICPSDPR5ODG8-1-large.jpg

:D

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
I was contemplating an AK(47|74) pistol build myself.  Looking at the AR-type pistols though... what's the point of the stubby extrusion where the stock used to be?  I can't imagine that really being helpful in any way.

iWF-Jacob

Verified Provider
Nice! How do you like it? I've fondled a couple at the shop and considered one when choosing my carry piece but in the end went with my Kahr since I already have a S&W (4566TSW)...

The folks at my LGS carry them and swear by them, as do thousands of others. Can't go wrong. S&W has great customer service too if you ever need to use it.
I love it! That being said it's a full size pistol, and is not an easy carry piece, it's definitely a purpose built duty weapon. That being said, it's brilliantly accurate, and has yet to jam on me.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I was contemplating an AK(47|74) pistol build myself.  Looking at the AR-type pistols though... what's the point of the stubby extrusion where the stock used to be?  I can't imagine that really being helpful in any way.
The buffer tube still needs to exist for the bolt action since it's what contains the spring that pushes the bolt forward after each shot. Plus you can still rest you cheek on the (covered) buffer tube for stability.

They do make a shortened buffer tube like shown below but since I don't see it on most pistol builds I am uncertain how well it performs.

29fsgte.jpg

Neo

For self defence we are not allowed to carry weapons, pepperspray is also vorbidden.

That is bullshit, but you do still get these thing here but if you get catched... you are screwed.

Even with a fucking knife, when you dont have a reason and get catched its gone. :eek:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
The buffer tube still needs to exist for the bolt action since it's what contains the spring that pushes the bolt forward after each shot. Plus you can still rest you cheek on the (covered) buffer tube for stability.

They do make a shortened buffer tube like shown below but since I don't see it on most pistol builds I am uncertain how well it performs.
Haha, derp.  It's been so long since I laid hands on an m16a2 I'd forgotten it's configuration.

Possibly one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen in this thread.

Self defence against what, exactly?
I've always preferred: "My rifle is a tool.  I am the weapon."

amuck-landowner