amuck-landowner

UGVPS = Thomas Dale = Crystal Dale = ChicagoVPS = Dig the Mine

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I'm going to deviate away from the actual discussion real quick to just say something.

I find this community great.  You know why?  Because there's people out there with several different perspectives and weight certain values differently.  

AnthonySmith values the entire CC "drama" less and has grown tired of it (to the point of "show me proof or shut up" type deal).  It's perfectly fine, it's part of you expressing who you are really.   was just sharing his own finding of coincidental events adding on to speculation.  If one side disagrees with the other then that's the discussion.  

Now I know I might be tooting my own horn here, but all this is what shapes the personality of this community.  All of you guys just sharing your thought, as community members, helps shape the overall community itself.  All we (staff) do is just step in when we feel that it's stepping over the line (aka threatening), horribly off topic, or spam.  Our job is just to make sure the community has the capacity to grow and take on whatever personality it wants.

Also... we do participate in the discussion because we consider ourselves members of the community as well (seriously...  Community member first, staff member second).  

Don't be afraid to speak your mind! 

Ok done with this pep talk! 

Last edited by a moderator:

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Always appreciate good reading material while drinking my morning Coffee with toasts.  

Gracious.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh yeah, and since I am running a special today on coffin nails, buy one get one free:
http://www.intelius.com/Find-Phone-Address/Wilkes+Barre-PA/Thomas-Dale.html

He's numero uno, that's first place to you Yankees. Search for Crystal Dale there to be sure on the right profile.

Notice his name, like Buffalooed_mommy said:

Thomas LEONARD Dale

Also known as (a/k/a's):

Thomas Leonard Dale
Tom Dale
Dale Tom
Dale Thomas

What's up with the AKA list... Weirdness.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
Oh yeah, and since I am running a special today on coffin nails, buy one get one free:

http://www.intelius.com/Find-Phone-Address/Wilkes+Barre-PA/Thomas-Dale.html

He's numero uno, that's first place to you Yankees. Search for Crystal Dale there to be sure on the right profile.

Notice his name, like Buffalooed_mommy said:

Thomas LEONARD Dale

Also known as (a/k/a's):

Thomas Leonard Dale

Tom Dale

Dale Tom

Dale Thomas

What's up with the AKA list... Weirdness.
Like mobsters, he goes by a bunch of aliases

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Damn kids, where's LET @jake to steal the piece and run with it on Lowend*.

Let's not be so transparent @jake or your loyalties will become apparent.   I know, nothing vile, your grade school doesn't allow smartphone time until lunch.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Brutal.

Honestly I'm not surprised. I think they absorbed UG when they started closing out all the non-CC locations.

Do they still run a UK location or is that closed down as well due to "DDOS attacks"?

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Brutal.

Honestly I'm not surprised. I think they absorbed UG when they started closing out all the non-CC locations.
They are all in, full Colocrossing locations, Chicago, Los Angeles, Buffalo and Atlanta.  What did you expect something else?  It's the CC calling card.

Other point that burns my britches is UGVPS runs these crazy plans on special that never end (the coupon always works).  Yet when you go to their website a 2GB plan is something like $18/mo compared to $19 for six months.

There ought to be laws and enforcement of such pricing.  It is identical to what CVPS does and Chris prides himself on.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
They are all in, full Colocrossing locations, Chicago, Los Angeles, Buffalo and Atlanta.  What did you expect something else?  It's the CC calling card.

Other point that burns my britches is UGVPS runs these crazy plans on special that never end (the coupon always works).  Yet when you go to their website a 2GB plan is something like $18/mo compared to $19 for six months.

There ought to be laws and enforcement of such pricing.  It is identical to what CVPS does and Chris prides himself on.
The last time I heard UGVPS come up was during the CVPS hacks but past that they've been pretty much silent. Before that the only time we heard from them was during the supposed UK attacks.

During the first CVPS hack they disappeared as well and no one was getting ticket replies, etc. Same thing happened when CVPS did their bi-quarterly customer data dump & node flushing. I'm not talking out of my ass here, you're welcome to check the LEB sales threads where you'll see people talk about 4+ day ticket replies or not getting a reply at all.

Francisco

nunim

VPS Junkie
Brutal.

Do they still run a UK location or is that closed down as well due to "DDOS attacks"?

Francisco
I would think this is the most likely, I'm fairly sure they weren't a CC shell when first they opened as "Crystal" offered me services in areas when CC does not operate.

If you could link CC to the DDOS attacks then you'd have something but these threads are getting a little silly.  I would like to know what is buffaloed interest in this as well.  

Also I'm not sure this is "Industry News".

[edit] Looks like they're still reselling ServerStadium as well - https://www.ugvps.com/dedicatedhosting.php - http://www.serverstadium.com/

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I would think this is the most likely, I'm fairly sure they weren't a CC shell when first they opened as "Crystal" offered me services in areas when CC does not operate.

If you could link CC to the DDOS attacks then you'd have something but these threads are getting a little silly.  I would like to know what is buffaloed interest in this as well.  

When UGVPS opened, nope, not a CVPS/CC shell.   They offered out of Lenoir, NC, and the UK.  Signature calling card for a flip of ownership is doing away with non CC locations.

CC makes it clear you won't see them DDoS'ing from their own network.   I don't get into that side of the industry, hack forums, etc. other than researching providers.

As far as this being Industry News, why most certainly it is.  Up until now, you along with everyone else had been snookered.   You didn't know this yesterday and news it is.

Mind you, I expect some folks around here to have their tiny VPS "business" and need to put bacon on the table working elsewhere, perhaps even at a "larger" industry company.  But when this happens and the person hides that they work at the larger company in the same niche while claiming to be a "customer" of that company you'd be mighty naive to believe the two companies were not one in the same.  Especially where the offers are copycats of one another..

All that said, I believe Fran was pointing to UGVPS dropping the soap and being busy searching for it while CVPS was dealing with deleted nodes.  So busy, that their own support was non existent to customers.  Slap me if I am wrong.

"I would like to know what is buffaloed interest in this as well."

Everyone should be interested in this and related information.  Normal people and honest companies do not conduct business like this.

If you have places like BottomEnd, err, LowEnd, pushing their CC house brand companies and controlled fronts, what do you have?  An artificial marketplace.  It's bad for other businesses and bad for the industry.  It isn't natural competition.

Just look at what Biloh does over on LowEndTalk editing posts and blocking vpsBoard references.  Free speech lacking zone with unfair idiot style censorship to protect the house taking.

For record, yet again, I am not a provider.  I do not own vpsBoard either.   I'll gladly donate time, energy and or money to make sure this site continues to operate.

To expand:  I am not employed at this time by any provider in a customer support capacity.   I do not have a financial position, ownership, shares, etc. in any VPS, hosting  or data services company.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider

[edit] Looks like they're still reselling ServerStadium as well - https://www.ugvps.com/dedicatedhosting.php - http://www.serverstadium.com/
I wouldn't say CC has taken part in any of the floods. While it "adds up" in the LEB purchase as well as the floods we suffered during our migration, there's no proof and making that claim will get you served.

Chris himself has been on a purchase spree and has bragged to multiple people about all the brands he personally owns now. He won't give names but I know he contacted me multiple times looking to either buy out a single location or a full on 51%.

Francisco

nunim

VPS Junkie
To expand:  I am not employed at this time by any provider in a customer support capacity.   I do not have a financial position, ownership, shares, etc. in any VPS, hosting  or data services company.
While I agree with you on most of your points, it seems like you have a personal vendetta against CC.  I don't like their shoddy business practices any more then you but the amount of time and effort you put in to it seems obsessive at times.  

I won't purchase a VPS at any CC location, because of their shitty business and the fact they STILL DON'T HAVE IPv6!!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
the amount of time and effort you put in to it seems obsessive at times

Indeed.  But I suspect it's proportional to the amount of time they spend plotting, monitoring and reposting my materials.

Until every sensible potential buyer is aware of the BS over there and not skewed by LowEnd* and their stellar search plastering, onward ho' I go.

jcaleb

Good effort buffalooed for the long post.  Boss Fran, are you still judging kickstarter with tim?

jarland

The ocean is digital
They leave us mysteries, we enjoy solving them (not that I had a hand in this). Who doesn't love a good puzzle? CC/CVPS are excellent puzzle crafters so it's no surprise that one might zero in on them to get their fix. Puzzles stimulate the mind.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Look, guys, we have more Tommy love to share:

6 matches for *tleo*

29/05/2013 11:15am [email protected]
29/05/2013 12:51pm [email protected]
11/06/2013 05:44am [email protected]
11/06/2013 06:03am [email protected]
11/06/2013 08:35am [email protected]
12/07/2013 09:33am [email protected]

Unique IP's/hostnames: 3

Those are Tleo's IRC logins --- public info baby.   Reference the IPs.  2 on Minethegrid's IP space. 1 on ChicagoVPS.

The date range 5-29-2013 - 7-12-2013.

amuck-landowner