amuck-landowner

Unethical Ernie Quick and HudsonValleyHost Get 131K IPs Blacklisted and Try To Sell Customers A $10

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
There is a lot of this bad salesmanship.  Even happens from guys I actually am alright with / like / don't have torpedoes with their name on them.  Willfully selling blacklisted like CC did for a year or more was mega f'd.  People would buy, do configs, etc. and blamo, email wouldn't go... They had to learn that hard and long way.  Quite painful to see happen.

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
I don't really think my problem is with Provider X or @mpkossen's general failure as an admin, but more so that I'm a softy for a lot of the hopelessly lame scams out there. Like the scams you can see from a mile away, the endearing ones that are really transparent and clumsily executed (i.e. 'Binary Options' or LowEndTalk or NASA). It's as if I'm attracted to them out of this strange conflation of amusement and pity, so much that I actually want to pay to be 'victimized' by their dull theatrics for the comedic value, or just to see if they will 'actually' try to go through with it. I think I'm curious about the extent to which they will continue to reappear and repeat in the face of rising tensions and chagrin. There is something sublime in that quality of hopeless repetitiveness. Or maybe it's just fun to search for its 'limit point', as they say.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner