amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost becoming ColoCrossing, dumping providers, etc.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
I called the police department, apparently someone else has too and they've dispatched somebody to check.
Good.  Since there is written evidence of his suicide threats he's probably headed for a mandatory 1-2 week hospital stay for observation.  While I don't think he is actually suicidal, I do think he is in definite need of psychiatric care to help him deal with his issues and at least now he should get the help he obviously needs (provided he doesn't succeed in bullshitting the police and avoiding a hospital visit).

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
So... he admits the Tyler and Jaroslav are the same person...  after fictionalizing the situation, getting busted, having Tyler lying.... 

Tyler/Alan is a GVH customer... Unsure if his whole business is hosted off of GVH or not...     This sheds more light on AcclaimedHost (which Tyler/Alan owns) and their business practices, false perhaps info on their website, etc.
I don't think he was at one point.

I had a PM conversation with Alan (er, whatever his real name is) a few months ago.  He was running a reseller-based web hosting company and posted some quite logical stuff regarding his quest for end user support, difficulties with EZPZ and Innovation, etc.  I had no cause to think he wasn't legit...

E.g.: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1335401

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I don't care how many times he's threatened suicide in the past. That doesn't mean his next threat is not real, and if nothing else I hope this will teach him a lesson to not fucking treat suicide like a joke or a tool to get what you want.
Unofficially, this at least the 3rd time.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I don't think he was at one point.

I had a PM conversation with Alan (er, whatever his real name is) a few months ago.  He was running a reseller-based web hosting company and posted some quite logical stuff regarding his quest for end user support, difficulties with EZPZ and Innovation, etc.  I had no cause to think he wasn't legit...

E.g.: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1335401
Could be true, I am unsure.  I think Alan and Tyler are two different fellows...

But if you search WHT for: AcclaimedHost Tyler (use Google).... Should fine thread where someone talks about situation/review and says Tyler is support at Acclaimed..... So I am truly unsure if same person, but they know each other regardless.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Good.  Since there is written evidence of his suicide threats he's probably headed for a mandatory 1-2 week hospital stay for observation.  While I don't think he is actually suicidal, I do think he is in definite need of psychiatric care to help him deal with his issues and at least now he should get the help he obviously needs (provided he doesn't succeed in bullshitting the police and avoiding a hospital visit).
I don't think they are going to do much in his posh utopian suburbs...  Maybe a warning about such.  His parents, if home, won't be thrilled.

I'd rather have all that, even a forced examination, than a dead emptional teen.  Most of us have gone through those years and have stories....  As always, I wonder what makes a teen want to do this... to sacrifice their youth and good times for toiling in indentured servitude like this...

Takes me back mentally to this thread on child labor, the issues, etc.:

hellogoodbye

Unofficially, this at least the 3rd time.
I hate to be blunt but it can be his 9827423423th time for all I care and I'll still take it seriously. Would I doubt his commitment to actually going through with his threat? Would I be angry that he's making light of such a serious issue again in order to manipulate people's feelings? Hell fucking yeah I would. But it doesn't mean I won't call the cops for him on that 0.0000001 chance that he might be for real.

Sorry for all the swearing, but I'm actually seething over the direction Jon has chosen to take things. I hope he'll think twice before he does something like this again.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
People need to show that he cant crawl into a ball, claim suicide, and then people forget the past and continue doing business with the kid. 

The same community hating on him is also enabling it all. Kinda of a twisted thing really. That alone could reasonable effect on overall mental health.

Last edited by a moderator:

AuroraZero

People need to show that he cant crawl into a ball, claim suicide, and then people forget the past and continue doing business with the kid. 

The same community hating on him is also enabling it all. Kinda of a twisted thing really. That alone could reasonable effect on overall mental health.
The real problem is kids like him are allowed to start "businesses" like in the first place. If he had been allowed to such none of this would have happened. People need to start taking some responsibility for "their kids" actions and maybe this kind of thing would stop.

It is sad to see the state of some youth these days. I have been through a lot things in my life and most of them would send some you screaming to your doctors for pills to make you sleep for years and I have never EVER thought of eating a bullet or cutting my wrists. I have seen men and "boys" die in horrible ways and it is not something you forget. That alone will should give you an idea of where I am coming from.

Some people should not try to grow so fast and live the life they are given and be thankful for it. I am that way now that I have been given a third chance and others should learn this lesson.

tonyg

I have personally come across people that have claimed (falsely) suicide and even having cancer as a way to receive attention or pity.

Last edited by a moderator:

tonyg

So have I, but it doesn't mean I won't take the next person or claim seriously just because the last one was fake. They can enjoy as many police visits as necessary until they clean up their act or get some serious help.
I don't disagree with you, but I think in this case he threatened suicide to stave off the onslaught.

hellogoodbye

I don't disagree with you, but I think in this case he threatened suicide to stave off the onslaught.
I think so too-- especially when he said "Please don't call the police"-- but there's always the chance that the things being said to him could tip the balance and cause him to contemplate it for real. There were certain comments on that thread in response to him that were quite frankly as bad as the act of making a fake suicide threat.

tonyg

I think so too-- especially when he said "Please don't call the police"-- but there's always the chance that the things being said to him could tip the balance and cause him to contemplate it for real. There were certain comments on that thread in response to him that were quite frankly as bad as the act of making a fake suicide threat.
Agreed.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
tl;dr - "Here you go, enjoy, addresses censored"

It's.. I don't want to say 'oddly worded', but it feels a little off.  Very likely just regional, though.  Feels authentic to me.

amuck-landowner