amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost becoming ColoCrossing, dumping providers, etc.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
If this had been posted just 24 hours later the context would be so different...
Yeah I didn't post it as an endorsement of self harm or anything.   It was about jumping from CC to other providers and sadness of jumping back to CC again.

Sucky math and unintentional on that one.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
The WHMCS is with RAMNode (by the looks of his comments tonight. I would assume HVH and BigScoots were possibly in there at one point since the WHMCS was hosted with those company at some point and provided some sort of white label support? 

You would think those accounts would be removed if that was the case.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So...

'9c1e30bc960cb1fab704e42501ff2865',1,0,'Deleted Admin ID: 5 | Username: BigScootsA | Full Name: BigScoots Admin','Complete','1372605447','71.168',''

'8a5dbb940bae95423caff2b6e95b4503',1,0,'Deleted Admin ID: 3 | Username: JohnK | Full Name: John Kranz','Complete','1372129670','72.71.',''

So...

January 3, 2014

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/19471/greenvaluehost-tx2-node-down

@ehostlab - Yes, our main website and client area is hosted with Steadfast Networks through BigScoots. Justin whom is BigScoot's part owner is our primary go-to systems administrator. Of course you're in good hands :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Is this the moment in the movie where I realize there's actually only one hosting provider and go on a quest to expose the truth?
You just want my cave and fancy mobile... the brainy dude that makes the toys for this is slacking though.  It's nothing like it use to be.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I'm sure there'll be a FOUNDJESUS25 coupon show up in the morning.

I've simply seen too many scam artists in the gameserver communities that scam craplaods of money out of people but it's OK...best in the end "they found jesus" and he died for their sins...of scamming $20,000 out of users.

Countless of the claimed "they were going to off themselves" for drama's sake and all that crap. I know I should care a little more than I do since it is a human being, but i've seen a good 100 - 200 cases that followed something very similar and it was always just a grab/con.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
But..... Those aren't even the right account :)

Further down we see:

'bf68f7c458d8017cbd0f473b9635ea51',1,0,'Added New Administrator | Username: JustinC | Full Name: Justin Catello','Complete','1376712872','72.7',''

=

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/justin-catello/41/193/b6a

So it appears BigScoots has some outsourced help capacity... multiple people...  Anyone know this prior/familiar/etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hxxx

BigScoots is a very good provider.

From what i see in that data and assuming it is in ascending order, being latest more recent:

Justin which is the main admin and one of the owner of BigScoots is added and deleted constantly as admin, is referenced by BigScoots {A} and Justin{C} nicknames. Nothing surprising given the fact that Justin is an excellent admin. Probably contracted for external support. In the end we see the last account is deleted. Makes sense.

We see Ryan from ServerHub, probably same story.

Also AlexM

It would have been cool to see an account from Mr. Biloh as admin ^ ^ , anyway we see Ernie (Same), and other staff from HVH. I don't see why it would be bad for Jon to admit GVH is a brand of CC. Well maybe he can't ^ ^ you know legal stuff /contracts/etc.

I'm very interested to know how this data got leaked. If it was today/yesterday or if it was from that time their WHMCS had an attack (DoS or whatever )from some Amazon VM instances. 

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
So it appears BigScoots has some outsourced help capacity... multiple people...  Anyone know this prior/familiar/etc.
Well just to bring this full circle, one of the conversations I had with "Alan" of Acclaimed Host was his quest to find white label support. He wanted to just focus on marketing and let his reseller hosting handle tickets.

Big Scoots' web site says: "We remain hidden in the background providing you with our stellar support to keep your hosting machine running smoothly but never interacting directly with your clients, unless you would prefer we did!"

I pointed that out to him as friendly advice and he stated that he'd talked to them and that last clause is not really true.

Alan...Jon...Tyler...Jaroslav...Big Scoots...wheels within wheels.

Well, training wheels within training wheels at least.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I don't want to confuse anyone, but I have yet to see any data proof of a dump outside of a few snippets... the admin table and an admin log was it...

There was damage to stuff earlier - anyone who is a customer probably has Solus controller down and WHMCS took a face plant.  These I suspect were rm -rf'd.

Usually such a thing is done to cover up data theft. 

So, it is possible something is out there... and there is possibility someone has something prior to today.  This is why a company should be ran by a few people with competence and vested interest.... Not slapping 3rd world folks and exploiting other youngsters into working for Willy Wonka.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
So tonight his SVM machine at DO was compromised as well as the WHMCS install at ramnode. Sounds like a inside job. Jon told me over the phone that he lost all trust in his contractors and could not control them. I cant fathom the same (root) password/exploit was used to both machines at different providers. 

even if it was a inside job that would mean someone had root capability inside SVM right? I mean you cant really just uninstall/delete SVM from a application level access account can you?

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well just to bring this full circle, one of the conversations I had with "Alan" of Acclaimed Host was his quest to find white label support. He wanted to just focus on marketing and let his reseller hosting handle tickets.

Big Scoots' web site says: "We remain hidden in the background providing you with our stellar support to keep your hosting machine running smoothly but never interacting directly with your clients, unless you would prefer we did!"

I pointed that out to him as friendly advice and he stated that he'd talked to them and that last clause is not really true.
Wow, that's quite a post.  Why is this industry loaded with lazy asses who want others to run their "business" for a $20 month fee? Whitelabel... I mean Jesus popsicle sticks, the dude on AcclaimedHost even brags about being a virtual business, but having a part time officee in Manhattan... GTFO...  Parttime every-damn-thing.  Sad.

That Big Scoots website line, da fuck?  That's the g*d damn strangest thing I've read in a while.... No pointing at nested Russian dolls with subsidiaries that can't communicate and... Shhh I'll quit before someone gets mad.  Considering the constant snafus at GVH I fail how people as highly qualified as BigScoots would be in the mix.  Had to be some limited engagement.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So tonight his SVM machine at DO was compromised as well as the WHMCS install at ramnode. Sounds like a inside job. Jon told me over the phone that he lost all trust in his contractors and could not control them. I cant fathom the same password/exploit was used to both machines at different providers.
Interesting.... cause this is on the other site - someone just sent it to me...

We're in the process of rebuilding our billing system, we're going start from a fresh server rather than restoring from backups. SolusVM we are still waiting on Digital Ocean to mount a recovery ISO so we can investigate the cause of that failure and also take a full backup. Once that has been done then we'll set about rebuilding that too.

I really appreciate the lengths the LET community has gone to this evening to protect me and arrange for the police to come to my house. I felt out of control at the time and overwhelmed at the prospect of having our billing and SolusVM systems compromised. The visit helped me put things into perspective and realise where I need to focus my attentions.

hellogoodbye

Countless of the claimed "they were going to off themselves" for drama's sake and all that crap. I know I should care a little more than I do since it is a human being, but i've seen a good 100 - 200 cases that followed something very similar and it was always just a grab/con.

Francisco
You don't have to care if you don't want to and I'm not getting on some high horse and demanding everyone else should care about his wellbeing either, but I feel like the least people can do is bite their tongue and say nothing rather than contribute with insults about how he is just an immature attention-seeking kid.

I hate scam artists as much as the next person, but if I had to choose between doing nothing and making a simple phone call just in case something does happen, I know what I would do in a heartbeat every time.

amuck-landowner