amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost outsources customer support to India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmzVPS-Daniel

Verified Provider
He said his company (or CC) has a large capital reserve. A complete lie.

A pinned thread in reseller hosting offers section costs $150/week.

And costs per week:

Cloud Hosting Offers $300 

Shared Hosting Offers $200

Reseller Hosting Offers $150

Dedicated Hosting Offers $995

Colocation Offers $100

VPS Hosting Offers $595

Other Offers and Requests $ 50
OFFTOPIC: Just so you know they bumped the VPS sticky to $700 a month now. But sure about the older threads and how much those providers pay, but we paid the new updated price. 

- Daniel :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hxxx

OFFTOPIC: Just so you know they bumped the VPS sticky to $700 a month now. But sure about the older threads and how much those providers pay, but we paid the new updated price. 

Stop wasting your money... Invest that into Google  and Facebook.

GVH-Jon

Banned

Still not much. We're going to be buying one of those VPS stickies when one is available. Is there is a waiting list on them?

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Still not much. We're going to be buying one of those VPS stickies when one is available. Is there is a waiting list on them?
Last I heard the vps stickies have been reserved out a year or longer, and that was ~6 months ago.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
...and I'm sure that Maarten willingly obliged since he seems more concerned about protecting any incompetent unethical pathetic excuse for a host who may be bringing $$$ into CC than he is with protecting consumers.
I detest thread sinking, just like I detest thread closures when things get revealing and heated.  Asking for your problems to go away in such a way is pretty underhanded.   That's just purely my opinion.

What I want to see even in a GREEN host is the ability to learn and be reasonable.  I give GVH a C+ on that side of things. 

Ticketing at GVH, well I've seen some of the tickets.   Are you really paying those Indians?  Sure this isn't a CC buy-in / Indians handle multiple house brands? I mean their responses are pretty lacking even by We3Care standards (which are low already).

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
We could go for that too. I written a mass expansion plan detailing absolutely everything that's projected to value our company at $1M + by 2017.
I drew a picture of the mansion I'm gonna have someday - 4 pools. One is a lazy river that flows from my bed to the bathroom

GVH-Jon

Banned
How are you basing the valuation? 
Classified.

How about that $25/1U colo and a sticky.... I have piles of gear to ship for colo... 200TB offer, no?
You know, after I said all of that on IRC I said "jk". You probably weren't shown that part of the chat log.

We're going to be offering

1U Colocation

1 AMP ($20/m per additional amp)

120 VAC

5 IPs

10TB Bandwidth per mo on a 1Gbit port

$39.95/m

Waiting for ColoCrossing to set up our cabinet space as we speak.

Jack

Classified.

You know, after I said all of that on IRC I said "jk". You probably weren't shown that part of the chat log.

We're going to be offering

1U Colocation

1 AMP ($20/m per additional amp)

120 VAC

5 IPs

10TB Bandwidth per mo on a 1Gbit port

$39.95/m

Waiting for ColoCrossing to set up our cabinet space as we speak.
120 VAC?  Never seen it advertised with 'VAC' usually just 'V' 

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Classified.
The method to which you are valuing the company at a million is classified?

Let me write a projection for you.

You will continue to sell plans while cutting your throat for the next few months.  You'll continue to add nodes and locations as part of your 'expansion plan'.  Along the way you'll have some unexpected overages that you'll simply shrug off as the cut throat plans can just about afford this.  

Soon you'll start to experience client churn.  Those razor thin margins are no longer there when your nodes are 50% full (or only 200% oversold, whichever way you want to look at it).  Your business will start to lose money and you'll burn through any reserves you had managed to stash along the way.  You'll start to panic and consider your options.  A friendly hand will be outstretched by your upstream provider.  You'll close all your other locations and force no notice migrations on your clients.  GVH will become a shell of another company and you'll stay on as ambassador.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
We could go for that too. I written a mass expansion plan detailing absolutely everything that's projected to value our company at $1M + by 2017.
Does this mass expansion plan account for your "off again on again" flip flop Waffle-house with the 100TB plans? I'd expect to see that again.

tragic

Verified Provider
The method to which you are valuing the company at a million is classified?

Let me write a projection for you.

You will continue to sell plans while cutting your throat for the next few months.  You'll continue to add nodes and locations as part of your 'expansion plan'.  Along the way you'll have some unexpected overages that you'll simply shrug off as the cut throat plans can just about afford this.  

Soon you'll start to experience client churn.  Those razor thin margins are no longer there when your nodes are 50% full (or only 200% oversold, whichever way you want to look at it).  Your business will start to lose money and you'll burn through any reserves you had managed to stash along the way.  You'll start to panic and consider your options.  A friendly hand will be outstretched by your upstream provider.  You'll close all your other locations and force no notice migrations on your clients.  GVH will become a shell of another company and you'll stay on as ambassador.
I have a feeling I've read this before, crazy.

RyanD

Verified Provider
Not "bragging" but as a company that is very long since past the $1mm mark, that is utterly meaningless.

When your entire business model is built around undercutting and over-offering you will not create a sustainable business. 

I've been there, done that, experimented with unscalable models, tested product offerings etc.  There is a good ready why we're 10 years into this business with 30 employees, and very much "in the black".  

You are throwing around totally nonsensical figures and ideas. For anyone with any clue, your business valuation is going to be a factor of ebitda, any purchase would be a multiplier of your ebitda, the greater % against revenue, the larger your multiplier will be.

but, what do I know.

Jack

Not "bragging" but as a company that is very long since past the $1mm mark, that is utterly meaningless.

When your entire business model is built around undercutting and over-offering you will not create a sustainable business. 

I've been there, done that, experimented with unscalable models, tested product offerings etc.  There is a good ready why we're 10 years into this business with 30 employees, and very much "in the black".  

You are throwing around totally nonsensical figures and ideas. For anyone with any clue, your business valuation is going to be a factor of ebitda, any purchase would be a multiplier of your ebitda, the greater % against revenue, the larger your multiplier will be.

but, what do I know.
Throw some black at some more staff then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner