amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost outsources customer support to India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanD

Verified Provider
Throw some black at some more staff then :)
We have plenty, thanks :)

Again as in reference to GVH's unrealistic expectations you also have to have realistic expectations as a client, when you push for absolutely bottom of the barrel pricing and keep pushing and pushing, there is a breaking point.  You can't expect the same sub 10-minute SLA support that our clients paying for managed services are guaranteed. I'm sorry, thats just the reality of it,.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
 You can't expect the same sub 10-minute SLA support that our clients paying for managed services are guaranteed. I'm sorry, thats just the reality of it,.
Yeah 10 minute SLA is no joke.  If you live up to that and make it you need to promote that heavily.

Now as for the young buck and his vision --- support is lacking.   The outsourced India-based exploitation isn't working well, at all.   That's from having seen a few screens of tickets.   It's real bad.

People make or break a business.  Time to get some like the big dogs.

tmzVPS-Daniel

Verified Provider
A VPS Sticky is probably the best investments we have made. There was only one opening available when we got it and we waited 2-3 years to get it. 

The only downside when we got it since we were a new advertiser at WHT is that we had to buy it 14 weeks upfront. We weren't too sure since we did not know how it will perform, but it exceeded our expectations. 

This is why providers do not let them go. 

- Daniel :)

GVH-Jon

Banned
Yeah 10 minute SLA is no joke.  If you live up to that and make it you need to promote that heavily.

Now as for the young buck and his vision --- support is lacking.   The outsourced India-based exploitation isn't working well, at all.   That's from having seen a few screens of tickets.   It's real bad.

People make or break a business.  Time to get some like the big dogs.
I literally JUST hired a person a few minutes ago to join our management team as Vice President of Sales & Relations and Lead Systems Administrator, and he lives in the United States, completely native and fluent in English.

I'm finalizing his contract tomorrow.

That brings out management team to a total of 5 members, also bringing up our support team to 14 members. Staff total = 15 members.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanD

Verified Provider
I literally JUST hired a person a few minutes ago to join our management team as Vice President of Sales & Relations and Lead Systems Administrator, and he lives in the United States, completely native and fluent in English.

I'm finalizing his contract tomorrow.
those are some very unrelated skill sets, good luck in that effort.

Is this a full time W2 employee, 1099,  or a part-time contractor /  volunteer paid in credits or free vps?

I know it always sounds nice to try and look bigger than you are, but from experience, over-titling a position has the opposite effect. Why is he a VP? Does he have a divsion that reports to him? How many direct reports does he have?

GVH-Jon

Banned
those are some very unrelated skill sets, good luck in that effort.

Is this a full time W2 employee, 1099,  or a part-time contractor /  volunteer paid in credits or free vps?

I know it always sounds nice to try and look bigger than you are, but from experience, over-titling a position has the opposite effect. Why is he a VP? Does he have a divsion that reports to him? How many direct reports does he have?
Part time employee paid by the hour on contract. He's a VP because I need an extra hand to coordinate our mass expansion plan / new product lines that will be launched soon. He'll be coordinating our technical staff and will lead the support division. He'll manage sales of new product lines + handle internal relations, and will report to our VP Operations, our CEO, and myself. Our last management team member is an administrative assistant/relations policy coordinator and will assist him as well.

tmzVPS-Daniel

Verified Provider
Just wondering, still catching up with this thread. Why in the world do you have or need 5 managers? I would like to know what each one does in your company. 

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
Just wondering, still catching up with this thread. Why in the world do you have or need 5 managers? I would like to know what each one does in your company. 

Mom and Dad are both equally important to the success of the company, therefore

tmzVPS-Daniel

Verified Provider
I guess I have a lot of catching up to do since I know absolutely nothing about Fabozzi or Biloh :S

The only thing I remember is them (CC) owning or running LET, but they were denying it something along those lines... 

Hxxx

Part time employee paid by the hour on contract. He's a VP because I need an extra hand to coordinate our mass expansion plan / new product lines that will be launched soon. He'll be coordinating our technical staff and will lead the support division. He'll manage sales of new product lines + handle internal relations, and will report to our VP Operations, our CEO, and myself. Our last management team member is an administrative assistant/relations policy coordinator and will assist him as well.
Come on Jon, why would you leak all your company internal info? It makes you look not legit. Stop braggin or discussing inapropiate content. These people, including me, don't care about your business plans. Also stop saying "mass expansion" is not appropiate. Is a relative term. Are you mental disable or dilusional? (With respect no insult intended)

You are just calling for trolls.

Do you see  KnownHost braggin?

Do you see BuyVM doing it?

I mean probably in any forum you are the only one...Is not good, it can also lead to customer loss. Saying the things you say and in the way you say them is almost insulting to every expert or company that has been in success for years.

Is good to be positive, but don't be so over confident. There is always a line...balance my friend.

c'mon! We are all adults, don't we?

GVH-Jon

Banned
Come on Jon, why would you leak all your company internal info? It makes you look not legit. Stop braggin or discussing inapropiate content. These people, including me, don't care about your business plans. Also stop saying "mass expansion" is not appropiate. Is a relative term. Are you mental disable or dilusional? (With respect no insult intended)

I mean probably in any forum you are the only one...Is not good, it can also lead to customer loss. Saying the things you say and in the way you say them is almost insulting to every expert or company that has been in success for years.

Is good to be positive, but don't be so over confident. There is always a line...balance my friend.

Do you see KnownHost or BuyVM having to constantly defend themselves on a daily basis from attack after attack, accusation after accusation, controversy after controversy? No.

tmzVPS-Daniel

Verified Provider

Well said!

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Do you see KnownHost or BuyVM having to constantly defend themselves on a daily basis from attack after attack, accusation after accusation, controversy after controversy? No.

I bet if I bought a BuyVM vps it wouldn't have a 93% uptime for the month like my Buffalo vps :(

There's a reason said companies don't have to do what you are doing. There's a reason you're presently digging your own grave, and keep at it regardless.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Think he calls Fabozzi and Biloh Mom and Dad as well, or do they have some kind of joint custody thing going :3
NY is one of THOSE kinds of states.  Cuoma (the son of the namesake racketeer) said in past week that people who care about firearms rights and such should leave NY State, they are not welcomed.  Attack is on against 'normal' traditional folks.   

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Did you completely MISS the 16 page clusterfuck about us from a week or so ago?

But other than that - no, you don't see legitimate companies having to defend themselves as you do.  Perhaps you should sit down and do some soul searching on why that is.

When are you gonna be done making Fabozzi jokes?
When you start telling the truth.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

Well, I am liking you more and more Daniel. :)

Totally management heavy.  Dead weight.   At this stage normal companies pay consultants who are basically ninjas and pay them respectable amounts (i.e. thousands of dollars a month minimum).  When / if next much larger financial stage / threshold is met, certain folks get asked to join the team, usually for a cut in their rates (still getting paid) and equity interest.

I am fairly dumbfounded.   Employees are expensive.   Titles are cheap though.  Young ones love those titles.  Resume fodder.

RyanD

Verified Provider

Simple, CAUSE -> EFFECT

Shut your trap, stop with the nonsensical babble and attempts at bragging and it'll all go away. 

I'm pretty sure we're the largest provider on here, we're the only ones that operate our own facilities, you don't see me on there constantly throwing around revenue figures, our mass expansion plans, although we did post / photograph some of our recent construction heavily. 

Point being, there is a proper way to show your growth and accomplishments, being a childish fool and bragging about it is what brings on all this activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner