amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost tells their non high paying clients to GTFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
There's a good reason I didn't take this off his hands when he offered. I know of at least one other member on here that wad approached, too.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
On his website you can still order shared hosting. If your going to make a decision to stop offering it then perhaps update your website.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
  I mean 200GB + 4GB of RAM + 5GB burst + 300Mbps port unmetered for $5 isn't going to end well.
He just posted an updated version of that 4GB/$5 offer on LET tonight.  Disk space increased to 225GB, IPv4 increased to 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
He just posted an updated version of that 4GB/$5 offer on LET tonight.  Disk space increased to 225GB, IPv4 increased to 2.
Can you say #FAIL.

Mind you, again, I hate to see any company fail, but lowering your trousers to that level and saying just take it is insanity.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
post-1072-0-15128000-1384713606.png

search: http://www.ilsos.gov/corporatellc/index.jsp

a couple of articles explaining "not in good standing" status

http://www.corporatedirect.com/good-standing-are-you-in-good-standing/

http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=e93e60fa-1b0d-4b11-bdaf-632c1c4c0e59

tl;dr of those 2 articles is companies not in good status can't sign contracts (for example, a TOS contract) and the officers could potentially be held personally liable for anything that occurs during the period the company isn't in good standing

gvh-sos.png

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
tl;dr of those 2 articles is companies not in good status can't sign contracts (for example, a TOS contract) and the officers could potentially be held personally liable for anything that occurs during the period the company isn't in good standing
Good points and work @DomainBop!   

The tl;dr = GreenValueHost is not compliant with the State of Illinois for their incorporation.  They've failed to do something, be it filing fees, annual reports, whatever.  Therefore the corporation is little to no value and all liability should now fall personally on the corporate operators.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
WTF.

So GreenValue dumps users on their head and migrates them to HVH, the cPanel shared clients.  You'd expect them to be out of shared hosting (i.e. not profitable).   But no.

Today, on WHT, a freaking sales job for more shared hosting from them.

Link: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1323101

GreenValueHost - UNLIMITED Disk/BW CLOUD SSD LiteSpeed Web Hosting - Now 20% OFF!!

GreenValueHost is a premium customer-centric company founded on October 16, 2012 with a mission to exceed excellence in providing industry leading web hosting solutions. GreenValueHost today is a profitable, rapidly expanding company, managing thousands of domains from clients all over the globe.

Here at GreenValueHost, we consider our servers our home and our clients as our guests. We treat each and every one of our clients with the upmost respect that they highly deserve, and we treat and care for their websites as if it was our own. As such, we have feature packed and powered our Shared Hosting plans with blazing fast load speeds, free site builder software, SEO tools, daily/weekly/monthly backup software, and over-the-top, extrodinarily amazing 24/7 technical support.

The main difference that sets us apart from most web hosting companies out there is simple: We care about our clients. We care so much that we choose only top-of-the-line hardware, spend hours configuring and tuning our servers, hire only knowledgeable, fluent english-speaking tech staff, and bend over backwards to cater to our clients' every need. While you're here at GreenValueHost, you can rest assured that we'll always be here to stand by our promises and deliver above your expectations. Our goal is to deliver to the guests at our homes, our clients, the best hosting experience possible; all at affordable rates!
Why wouldn't you / didn't GVH migrate existing customers to their new "cloud" shared hosting?

As Damian from ipxCore pointed out elsewhere:

Weren't you trying to sell off this company last week due to bad decisions made on overselling resources versus price charged?

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
Basically Jon claims it was too difficult to migrate the 'non cloud' shared cpanel users to the cloud based one lol. 

But hey people still want to support his actions and buy into a service that is bound to collapse again.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It gets better... Just in past hour, along comes a flowery review of GVH's shared hosting, even though the customer is being dumped off with someone else.  

This is from WHT:

Link: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=8917198

With the upcoming transfer away from shared hosting GVH has stated that though I will be on a different company's servers, they will continue to support me, which I am grateful for. I did ask about moving my plan to their cloud, and they said I would need to take out a new plan with them to do that. I can't afford to give up my discounted plan or I would, but they were clear and fair - even if I am a little disappointed
So let me get this straight,   the shared cPanel hosting was sold/transferred to HVH, but GVH is going to continue to support those customers even though they are on other company's servers?

Come on now.   Whole situation is utter disbelief.   Here we have in theory a company just transferring away customers and their data to another company.  A company with HACKER CHILDREN doing ticketing and other support.  Customers should know who they are dealing with and the records of such company failures should be preserved for all of history.

Either:

A. They owed invoices to HVH/CC, or

B. Incompetent and couldn't migrate users (why not just leave them parked on server then) or,

C. Part of the shell company BS over at CC.

Contracts don't just transfer over and GVH seems to lack proper legal documents covering such along with privacy.

If we believe cPanel was unprofitable and thus dumped, how are we supposed to believe that something "cloud" maybe involving OnApp (wasn't that said somewhere?) is going to be profitable.   

My face hurts from all the facepalm on this mess.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
My guess would be he owes/owed money to HVH and they cut some sort of deal. Who knows.

Why not transfer the customers from the old CP servers to the new 'cloud' based ones? cPanel makes that REALLY easy to do and you get to not only keep the customers but the income they generate.

My guess is that he is offering SSD shared hosting now on a hypervised environment, a VM or two with underlying SSDs. The issue is that he likely cannot fit the customers within the infrastructure available due to cost/resource availability of the actual SSDs. Since the business is cashflow negative and only operated by 1 person, the decision was made to extend the life a little. Unfortunately its probably hurt more than helped.

The fact that he is returning to unlimited roots will yield the same results as what just happened. Doors will close no matter what. Hes got the new SSD 'cloud' based cPanel shared hosting but still offering unlimited// this and that. This will once again drive away his income and lower the quality.

Running VMs as production servers for shared environments generally dont work.

This has been detailed many times in the past. The negative reviews are all basically the same complaints, the responses are the same hostile remarks.

There have been numerous times in the past prior to HVH that he ends up with 0 funds and charges back and or leaves providers. One of them me (this is public put forth by Jon himself and so not a breach of anything private) - Still owes my company money and others.

Its just over, thats it. Send a email to everyone apologize and  leave it. 

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
My guess is that he is offering SSD shared hosting now on a hypervised environment, a VM or two with underlying SSDs. The issue is that he likely cannot fit the customers within the infrastructure available due to cost/resource availability of the actual SSDs. Since the business is cashflow negative and only operated by 1 person, the decision was made to extend the life a little. Unfortunately its probably hurt more than helped.
This is a very reasonable thing and it's what came to mind. "They can't offer gobs on pure SSD storage, it's just not reasonable".

Now there's the unlimited thing, though, which washes that whole point away. It's also possible it's ssd cached and not pure SSD. There has been a rather large increase on WHT of hosts claiming SSD cached is "just as good" as pure SSD storage.

Francisco

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
My personal opinion is that GVH sold out all customers because of the new cloud version.

Wouldn't be easy to make all existing customers pay more for something they might not be interested in.

Having the close ties to HVH, it was all or nothing.... All customers or the deal wouldn't happen.

Possible scenario?!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
My personal opinion is that GVH sold out all customers because of the new cloud version.

Wouldn't be easy to make all existing customers pay more for something they might not be interested in.

Having the close ties to HVH, it was all or nothing.... All customers or the deal wouldn't happen.

Possible scenario?!
Sure, that's very probable.

There was/is a migration path and they refused to use it.

It's strange to sell products at a loss, then decide it's not profitable.   If anything, the shared cPanel is more scalable and abuseable than VPS.   I see big fat VPS plans that they are selling at last check on E3 32GB boxes...   $5 a month for 4GB RAM + 200GB+ of disk.

Me I am about to spent $30 with them and fill their box.  Put them out of their misery.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Well, from what I was told it's simply a case of the customers were using too many resources across the 2 VM's that were being used for cPanel. As the nodes themselves are loaded up higher than your average crackhead, he didn't really have much choice. Overselling VM nodes by a factor of 300(!) it doesn't leave much room to grow out VM's when needed.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
How do you oversell your node by a factor of 300?

How is that even possible on an E3? That is some seriously wizard shit going on.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
How do you oversell your node by a factor of 300?

How is that even possible on an E3? That is some seriously wizard shit going on.

Francisco
Hey look at their upstream.  They are kind of known for the mass slum loading of servers and selling imaginary resources.   They have the formula down pretty good.

Load up SSD flash cache, map SSDs as active RAM / active RAM swap.

Possible on an E3?  Sure.  

Wizardry, a little bit.

All they need now is a LEB offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner