amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost tells their non high paying clients to GTFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

GVH-Jon

Banned
I've told myself and tried to avoid responding to this thread as I've been advised, but my heart just cannot take it any longer to leave this thread unanswered. I am going to address everything that I can in this thread with this response with absolutely complete honesty as bluntly and clearly as possible.

Truthfully, we did not sell our srv1 and srv2 clients to Hudson Valley Host. We gave them to Hudson Valley Host, because we did not have any choice. Martin is correct, one of the issues for why we released our srv1 and srv2 clients to HVH is because of the servers becoming more and more overloaded. The other reason is we want to focus on providing a quality cloud web hosting service. Moving customers to our cloud would cause our cloud servers to be overloaded, and we don't have the infrastructure to maintain a good environment for srv1 and srv2 clients, whilst Hudson Valley Host does and we did the best thing for our srv1 and srv2 clients by letting HVH take care of them. I was advised not to send an email out immediately regarding the transfer to HVH and that was the reason for why clients weren't informed sooner - It's not because we want to avoid refund requests or chargebacks. In fact, I've posted publicly multiple times that srv1 and srv2 clients are more than welcome to ticket in to request a partial refund (or full refund, if they qualify) or compensation for their inconveniences. I take full responsibility for the overselling issues that occurred on srv1 and srv2 in the past, and I do admit they were terrible, terrible business decisions. As time moves on though, much like how the world works in terms of learning your lessons and improving .. I have made improvements to make sure that our hosting servers don't get overloaded again and as a result, our cloud servers are doing fantastic.

We were not in "massive debt" with Hudson Valley Host as some would claim, we simply wanted what was best for our clients. 

Onto the issue regarding our corporation status; I can explain that as well. We've been trying to get out of being incorporated as a corporation for a while now, and our CEO (Lance) has told me that he's submitted LLC papers and they're actually in processing, but can't fully be processed until we get our corporation status settled. We were in a financial crisis at the time of our corporation renewal due to an issue with Stripe and the bank, however we are financially stable now and we're waiting on Lance to get all the papers filed to have our corporation renewed and dissolved and our LLC papers filed. The main reason for why we're reforming as an LLC is to avoid the corporate quarterly tax and also to receive many of the other benefits that comes with an LLC.

A few other things that needs to be addressed as well:

- I am not really authorized to comment on Hudson Valley Host's financial status or business status, etc, however I would like everyone to know that we are not owned by ColoCrossing and we are not one of their shell companies. We lease our dedicated servers from Hudson Valley Host with bulk pricing and maintain a strong and healthy relationship with them.

- In regards to our LET offers, we have that under control and I can assure everyone of that. We obtain extremely cheap pricing on Xeon E3-1240v3 Quad Core dedicated servers and thus that's the primary reason for why we use them as our node hardware. We have many, multiple nodes our LET $5 plans are spread out across.

- We are a financially stable company, and we've been expanding quite rapidly every month. This month, our goal is 200 new completed orders and we're quite close to it, a fact that I'm very proud of.

To sum up what I've said above regarding our srv1 and srv2 transfer to Hudson Valley Host, I made a mistake. I do feel extremely bad for it, and I apologize. I did what I thought was truly right for our clients by giving them a better home, and a better environment. Although you as the readers of VPSBoard and the hosting community may have different views than I do, I believe in the right of free speech and I fully support your right to voice your opinions. 

I can assure you all that the GreenValueHost team and myself certainly do not have any bad intentions at all in this industry, and literally day by day we work our asses off (to say the least), to make sure to the absolute best of our ability that everything is working fine and functioning, and that our clients' needs are accommodated. 

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns, they are more than welcome to respond back to this thread to ask questions, or if anyone would like, they're also more than welcome to chat with me via PM, IRC, Skype, or even over the phone.

GVH-Jon

Banned
You guys here can all call me a man-child, a baby, or whatever -- but truthfully as I was writing the above response I feel I wrote it while I was psychologically and emotionally stressed and unstable, not knowing how to put the words together to express my emotions of how much grief, pain, sadness, and sorrow from this entire situation here. I think that I might of even shed a tear or two whilst I was writing, and honestly this is just one of those "I have to pour out all my emotions right now otherwise I'm going to have suicidal thoughts" moments. 

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
GHV-Jon, awesome reply. It is a good idea to respond to customers for sure. Maybe some people here will understand and some won't (we know who they will be) but just as long as you're truthful about everything that happened, that is all anyone can want/hope for.

shovenose

Verified Provider
GVH Jon, using long words and lots of them at that doesn't make you a grown up.

It's the same bullshit, over and over again.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
World's biggest golf clap for @GVH-Jon.  Chin up man.  

I don't understand how cPanel shared hosting spiraled so much out of control.  But I presume there were crazy no real income unlimited plans and those who bought actually used.  Sound right?

Me, I'd never throw a customer away.  That's what happened and well some will hold it against your company.    Why wouldn't you just scale horizontally by adding a new node, I mean you push those low cost E3's....

Considering what happened here, how won't the same happen with VPS offerings?  I see resources vs. money on those and frankly, it doesn't add up, unless everyone fails to use their resources.

peterw

When shit hits the fan.

A bad decission but there are always to sides doing the crazy things. One to offer unlimited and the other buying the unlimited. There's a reason why I stopped buying into hosting plans and do my own stuff on my own servers.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
Once a bull shitter, always a bull shitter?. Fairly certain John has used the puppy dog excuse before. 

People need to stop enabling stuff like this.

Kruno

Verified Provider
If the servers were overloaded, how about you upgrade its hardware *and* optimize your HTTPD? Or suspend a few clients that abuse their fair-share?

It's not a rocket science. It will always happen on a default cPanel setup at some point but any average  Linux administrator should be able to figure their way around this. Every hosting provider out there deals with that. You weren't the first one who experienced this. 

Last edited by a moderator:

shovenose

Verified Provider
If you think I'm incompetent realize this: GVH Jon had absolutely no idea how to run a business or a server. He undercut himself not his competitors. Rather than fixing the server he handed it over to those HVH clowns.

ColoCrossing is MUCH more professional than HVH and GVH combined.

HostUS-Alexander

Verified Provider
If you think I'm incompetent realize this: GVH Jon had absolutely no idea how to run a business or a server. He undercut himself not his competitors. Rather than fixing the server he handed it over to those HVH clowns.

ColoCrossing is MUCH more professional than HVH and GVH combined.
"You can't bullshit a bullshitter" 

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
What's more tragic are the number of people in here trying to stick a boot in when they themselves have quite sketchy histories or have their own fair share of problems behind closed doors.

Shovenose - you really don't have any right to throw punches in these fights so I'd advise you to stay out of them.

To the rest - lets try and keep it on topic, aye?

switsys

You guys here can all call me a man-child, a baby, or whatever -- but truthfully as I was writing the above response I feel I wrote it while I was psychologically and emotionally stressed and unstable, not knowing how to put the words together to express my emotions of how much grief, pain, sadness, and sorrow from this entire situation here. I think that I might of even shed a tear or two whilst I was writing, and honestly this is just one of those "I have to pour out all my emotions right now otherwise I'm going to have suicidal thoughts" moments. 
GHV-Jon, awesome reply.
2nd that.

scv

Massive Nerd
Verified Provider
I'm glad you finally decided to man up and post here. I personally refuse to comment on the actual issue at hand here since I'm not a GVH customer and I'm not in the game of speculating on the internal affairs of other hosts, but it's my belief that you should at least make a statement when somebody is publicly discussing your company. Blindly refusing to comment in this thread didn't make the slightest bit of sense, regardless of whether the accusations were true or false.

Reactions: bfj

GVH-Jon

Banned
Thank You everyone for the support, I very truly appreciate it. It seems like I still do have some things that I need to clear up in this thread, so I will try to answer everyone as best as I can.

Before I start I would like to announce that Green Value Hosting, Inc. is now officially in "Active" status again as recognized by the state of Illinois, which can be verified here: http://www.ilsos.gov/corporatellc/CorporateLlcController, and also that we are making significant progress in improving our company's stability stance in regards of both legal status and internal infrastructure.

@Kadar - I've been informed that the migration has already completed. I cannot comment exactly on what the load is on the new server that you have been migrated to, however I can say with confidence and without a doubt that HVH has stable servers and you'll have a great experience there.

@Kruno - In our company Code of Ethics, (found here: http://www.greenvaluehost.com/codeofethics.html), we guarantee to our customers that we will not raise pricing on them after they sign up. We've held true to this promise and will continue to hold true to this promise for as long as we are standing as a company. One of the reasons that I stated for why we gave our srv1 and srv2 clients to HVH was so that we could focus on our cloud infrastructure. Placing our srv1 and srv2 clients on our SSD-based cloud infrastructure wouldn't be economically feasible for us because it would significantly damage our profit margins unless we raise pricing (which we are not willing to do), thus the best choice that we were left with was to move the clients to another provider. I've pondered deeply regarding the decision, and decided that it was the best thing to do for the well being of our clients' websites.

@Spinikr-RO - Rogan, I understand what you're trying to say here, however in all respects I must say that I'm not trying to make excuses or say that I/we did nothing wrong. I take full responsibility for my actions, and if I believe that I did something wrong, I won't hesitate to admit it and correct the issue; which is what I'm trying to do here. I understand that respect and forgiveness can't be bought with words, but with actions - and I do sincerely hope that the hosting industry and yourself can forgive us for these mistakes and move on to a better future. If you do have any further criticism to make, please by all means feel free. I'm here and ready to listen to anything that you have to say. I'll take it all in mind and use your words to help improve, and I'll be highly thankful that you've taken the time to let me know your concerns.

If anyone else has anything they would like me to address any further, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks again to all of you whom graciously extended to us your support, the GreenValueHost team and myself very highly appreciate it and hold your kindness to much great regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner