amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost tells their non high paying clients to GTFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadar

Verified Provider
@GVH-Jon they changed the server once it was migrated, didn't tell the customers the IP address and nameservers. so downtime for customers

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
@GVH-Jon they changed the server once it was migrated, didn't tell the customers the IP address and nameservers. so downtime for customers
Seems like sending this info out before a merger/transfer/client-giveaway is the first thing you'd sort out.

"Hey guys, we're giving you away! Here is the info you need to make this a little less painful for you: ..."

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Nah just throw the customers in the chipper... I mean who is dumb enough to order such unbelievable deals from such unlikely superheros,  I mean 'yuts.

You know how many low end companies I've seen use the term "FUCK THE CUSTOMER"?  Tons, mostly in private.

Sad to say, but customers weren't handed off to competent folks, obviously.  New IPs, new nameservers.... WTF?  Why is that even necessary. Neither HVH nor GVH has their own allocations and just absorb random CC small blocks like most everyone over there does.   Nothing to update the SWiP and call it a day.

I bet HVH wants to shed customers inherited here.   Seen that skit too many times.   Customers not worth the account and setup.  Let them sit offline until the bitch and force allocation.

Call it f'up 101.  Teach me more.

Last edited by a moderator:

GVH-Jon

Banned
Seems like sending this info out before a merger/transfer/client-giveaway is the first thing you'd sort out.

"Hey guys, we're giving you away! Here is the info you need to make this a little less painful for you: ..."
We included as much useful information as possible (including the nameservers of the server in which accounts were being migrated to) that we were provided. We didn't leave any information out that we knew of, and I am 100% sure of that.

Anything further has to be addressed to Hudson Valley Host unfortunately as that's as far as I am able to be of assistance :unsure:

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider

You guys here can all call me a man-child, a baby, or whatever -- but truthfully as I was writing the above response I feel I wrote it while I was psychologically and emotionally stressed and unstable, not knowing how to put the words together to express my emotions of how much grief, pain, sadness, and sorrow from this entire situation here. I think that I might of even shed a tear or two whilst I was writing, and honestly this is just one of those "I have to pour out all my emotions right now otherwise I'm going to have suicidal thoughts" moments. 
I would definitely seek some help if you are having these thoughts of suicide. It is probably not that wise to say this either, notions that your remaining customers are still at risk. However I guess admitting it is the first step to treatment.

GVH-Jon

Banned
I would definitely seek some help if you are having these thoughts of suicide. It is probably not that wise to say this either, notions that your remaining customers are still at risk. However I guess admitting it is the first step to treatment.
Thank You for your concern, however the suicidal thoughts statement was meant as a figure of speech, meaning that it would have drove me absolutely insane and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't reply.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Placing our srv1 and srv2 clients on our SSD-based cloud infrastructure wouldn't be economically feasible for us because it would significantly damage our profit margins unless we raise pricing (which we are not willing to do)
And yet you offer unlimited disk/bandwidth offers on said 'SSD based cloud'.

The best part is I think you and the "HostNun" are getting your milk from the exact same cow.

Now, with that being said, I've not read your TOS at all to see what limits are imposed on the unlimited diskspace. It's very much possible you allow no backup storage, no large files, & no streaming media of any sort, keeping your actual usage quite low.

Francisco

Mun

Never Forget
Hmmm there new cloud hosting has unlimited data and mysql.... I wonder if they will accept a database that is 24 gigs in size and growing by 24 gigs/day, which will end up around 1 tb in size :3?

Mun

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Hmmm there new cloud hosting has unlimited data and mysql.... I wonder if they will accept a database that is 24 gigs in size and growing by 24 gigs/day, which will end up around 1 tb in size :3?

Mun
You monster.

Francisco

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider

Mun
Current TOS read as if there is no limit aside from ram/cpu and using the account as a backup. Go for it.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Current TOS read as if there is no limit aside from ram/cpu and using the account as a backup. Go for it.
That's actually very reasonable but it's going to bite them when some wanna-be-redtube signs up and hoards a couple hundred gigs.

Francisco

Mun

Never Forget
You monster.

Francisco
Indeed Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha XD.

That's actually very reasonable but it's going to bite them when some wanna-be-redtube signs up and hoards a couple hundred gigs.

Francisco
But but but but but, it is very unique data that I am data mining and have running on a dedicated server :(

Please Fran, can I can I can I :D?

Mun 

GVH-Jon

Banned
Except for the space unavailable to your customers you got rid of.
Our old customers that were transferred away are still more than welcome to purchase a cloud hosting plan and request to be transferred back over to us. In fact, we've actually been contacted a few times from our old customers regarding this and I've told them the same exact thing -- they're more than welcome back. In addition to that, Hudson Valley Host is honoring the same pricing and same disk space/bandwidth allocations for clients that have been transferred over meaning that they still can use all the space that they've purchased with us.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
Woa

So its actually a worse situation than we all think.

Mun you're more than welcome to try us out :) We got plenty of space available.
Here you directly confirming that you basically told your old customers to piss off even though space is available, because they had no value.

First edit

Our old customers that were transferred away are still more than welcome to purchase a cloud hosting plan and request to be transferred back over to us. In fact, we've actually been contacted a few times from our old customers regarding this and I've told them the same exact thing -- they're more than welcome back.

Second Edit

Our old customers that were transferred away are still more than welcome to purchase a cloud hosting plan and request to be transferred back over to us. In fact, we've actually been contacted a few times from our old customers regarding this and I've told them the same exact thing -- they're more than welcome back. In addition to that, Hudson Valley Host is honoring the same pricing and same disk space/bandwidth allocations for clients that have been transferred over meaning that they still can use all the space that they've purchased with us.
This is now stating that those customers you told to piss off are more than welcome back as long as they are valuable again.

What kind of twisted game are you playing with people?

edit

In addition to that, Hudson Valley Host is honoring the same pricing and same disk space/bandwidth allocations for clients that have been transferred over meaning that they still can use all the space that they've purchased with us.
No shit, they value them as customers unlike you did.

GVH-Jon

Banned
I mean this in the nicest way possible, Rogan; please do not put words in my mouth.

If you have fully read what I've posted in my previous posts regarding why customers were transferred over, you would understand what I'm trying to say. It's not the clients that are not valuable, it's the legacy plans and the old platform that are not valuable. No matter how much we loved our clients, they had to go because our Code of Ethics prevented us from modifying their pricing and changing their plans. We love our clients which is why we'd be more than happy to have them back -- but the legacy plans and old platform .. there's no way they're coming back.

scv

Massive Nerd
Verified Provider
I don't mean to pick nits but what kind of "Code of Ethics" prefers terminating clients opposed to offering them an upgrade? You could even give them a discount to compensate for the deprecation of your legacy plans and platform.

Was there any real reason you needed to ditch them so rapidly?

GVH-Jon

Banned
I don't mean to pick nits but what kind of "Code of Ethics" prefers terminating clients opposed to offering them an upgrade? You could even give them a discount to compensate for the deprecation of your legacy plans and platform.

Was there any real reason you needed to ditch them so rapidly?
It wasn't a decision that was made quickly. We've been considering it for weeks before we actually executed the decision.

We believe that it is unethical to have someone pay for a certain plan and basically force them to upgrade to another plan, regardless if it's discounted. I have already provided the reasons for why we are no longer supporting our srv1 and srv2 legacy plans in my previous posts, and Hudson Valley Host was willing to honor the plans that we offered. We believe that it was the only ethical and moral solution to transfer them over to a better home where they will be able to be hosted on an infrastructure that can support our now-deprecated plans and prices without compromise.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
It wasn't a decision that was made quickly. We've been considering it for weeks before we actually executed the decision.
It wasn't a decision that was made quickly. We've been considering it for weeks before we actually executed the customer. - FIXED

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner