amuck-landowner

Ideas and suggestions for vpsBoard

vampireJ

It seems I cannot post in some topics like

posting seems to just timeout whether quick reply or from regular reply to topic. I cannot even pm an admin.

Am I restricted / regulated (perhaps 1 post per login) or something?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
It seems I cannot post in some topics like

posting seems to just timeout whether quick reply or from regular reply to topic. I cannot even pm an admin.

Am I restricted / regulated (perhaps 1 post per login) or something?
Hmm, that's strange. I just saw your test post in that thread. You're just a regular member so there would be nothing limiting this.  If you were getting a server error it's likely the site was under load more than anything. Feel free to send me a test PM too if you want to ensure that works for you.

vampireJ

^ Yes you were the one I pm before actually. I mostly lurk now and post very rarely. So it is somehow frustrating if I have a couple of posts and only one would get in. It has happened to me three times already as far as I can remember- both happens in Firefox and Chrome.

But no big thing. Hope this does not affect other members though. 

Update: fourth time now. I got firefox in private mode. Logged in and tried posting here https://vpsboard.com/topic/208-this-is-your-community-how-can-we-make-it-better-for-you/page-17 . Neither quick reply or regular topic reply works. 

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Try setting "Disable AJAX for text" to YES. From in the IPB ACP -> System Settings -> Server Environment -> Disable AJAX for text

Let's see if this makes any difference.

@vampieJ, you care to try again?

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
Turning AJAX off is very inconvenient for me. Takes more time to post a reply.

telephone

I'm finding the "New Content" page a bit annoying lately.

When a guest browses (at least on mobile), the thread URLs redirect to the latest post in said thread. Where as when logged in, the thread URLs are base URLs and only redirect to the top of the page.

Can you append the following to the thread URLs in "New Content" section:

?view=getnewpost

E.g. https://vpsboard.com/topic/208-this-is-your-community-how-can-we-make-it-better-for-you/?view=getnewpost
Doing so will take the user to the latest unread post, just like other forums.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
I'm finding the "New Content" page a bit annoying lately.

When a guest browses (at least on mobile), the thread URLs redirect to the latest post in said thread. Where as when logged in, the thread URLs are base URLs and only redirect to the top of the page.

Can you append the following to the thread URLs in "New Content" section:

?view=getnewpost

E.g. https://vpsboard.com/topic/208-this-is-your-community-how-can-we-make-it-better-for-you/?view=getnewpost
Doing so will take the user to the latest unread post, just like other forums.
In full view, click the circle (or star if a post you have commented in) to the left of the title.  This brings you to the latest reply.  Clicking the thread title brings you to the beginning of the thread.

telephone

In full view, click the circle (or star if a post you have commented in) to the left of the title.  This brings you to the latest reply.  Clicking the thread title brings you to the beginning of the thread.
Thanks! I glossed over those small (15x15) images as just normal list markers ;)

splitice

Just a little bit crazy...
Verified Provider
I understand the need to fight spam but please either decrease the delay between posts or consider removing it for users with a significant reputation (e.g number of posts).

I have repeatedly found it slowing me down. I am sure many a post hasn't been made as a result.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I understand the need to fight spam but please either decrease the delay between posts or consider removing it for users with a significant reputation (e.g number of posts).

I have repeatedly found it slowing me down. I am sure many a post hasn't been made as a result.
Consider it shortened a bit.

AuroraZero

Probably a stupid idea but here goes some how make it mandatory that providers post the datacenter in their offers. Maybe make it some kind of form and they have to put the datacenter in before it will let them post it? Not sure how this would work out though. Like I said probably a stupid idea.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Probably a stupid idea but here goes some how make it mandatory that providers post the datacenter in their offers. Maybe make it some kind of form and they have to put the datacenter in before it will let them post it? Not sure how this would work out though. Like I said probably a stupid idea.
That's already a feature.

Go to the offer section, click, "Create thread" or "New Post" (or whatever it says).

There is a post template, because people were unable to read the old sticky thread that was clearly labeled, "Rules". Some people still ignore the post template and just remove it without reading. So I just delete their thread instead of approving it or wasting my time to PM them and inform them of the rules. I don't want people like that here anyway. (Zero posts, tries to create an offer, leaves).

Though we're human here, we may slip up and approve an offer by mistake. If so, report one or ask the poster for the DC info. :)

amuck-landowner