amuck-landowner

MannDude banned from LET?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
What is going on over on LET?  See MannDude's account is disabled, but his posts still showing.

What happened Curtis?  You poke them with your kosher stick about the Iran, Irun, we flip the US Treasury Department stuff again :) ?

Aren't we all overdue on demanding our content/contributions be pulled?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I saw the Cest Pit post and he asked to have his posts removed and @Spirit said no.

His posts are still showing in public.

High weirdness...

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Tbh, removing posts can cause huge chaos for a forum that big, missing contents, quotes, reference, link etc.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Tbh, removing posts can cause huge chaos for a forum that big, missing contents, quotes, reference, link etc.
Very true. I wouldn't want all of MannDude's posts deleted, I'm sure there's some useful stuff in there.

ryanarp

Catalyst Host
Verified Provider
Very true. I wouldn't want all of MannDude's posts deleted, I'm sure there's some useful stuff in there.
I am sure all those useful posts will eventually end up here. I believe that Manndude had a reasonable request. It might cause chaos on the forum, but aren't we kinda already to that point anyways. Extreme moderation and the works? So not sure it would really add or subtract from the current situation. 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Blah. I did ask for my stuff to be removed. I asked nicely, wanted it to be done quietly.

I didn't want to make it super public my reasons why, but essentially I told Spirit that future job prospects may require someone to look into my online posts from different places. LET was always a lax place so there may of been things I posted that could reflect poorly on myself. However instead of complying, I guess disabling my account was easier. So not only do I have my account and content still there, it looks even worse with 'disabled' by my name.

Futhermore, removing an account is quite easy and the option exists to do so while removing posts without breaking discussion. They can/could simply remove my content and have it replaced with a message that simply states, 'Removed' or 'Content deleted', etc.

I think they should be more than happy to remove my content anyhow. The majority of it was URPad ads and memes in the Cest Pit. Didn't really start many posts otherwise. 

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
These are the Delete Option in Vanilla Forums, which is what LET is running on:

7n4aSDq.jpg

As you can see if a user's account is being deleted along with their content there are several options that can be chosen in order to avoid a mess.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
These are the Delete Option in Vanilla Forums, which is what LET is running on:

7n4aSDq.jpg

As you can see if a user's account is being deleted along with their content there are several options that can be chosen in order to avoid a mess.
Option 2 was the one I was hoping to obtain.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Disabled is effectively the same thing, especially since its not even similar to what he requested in this case.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Is spirit a mod/admin at LET now?

Well, that place is doomed for sure now.

Vedran/mud quit as mods, what about the other "old" mods? Are LET stuck with mpkossen and spirit?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well @MannDude,  I'd get on LET and tell them your posts are your property and you want them gone, not just your account locked/disabled.

Who else wants to join the party and ask for takedowns of their posts?

amuck-landowner