amuck-landowner

The truth about ColoCrossing

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
<User hat, 2c's>

I'm getting a bit bored of people removing their posts or keeping their mouths shut simply because they're worried in case CC/CVPS/WHOEVER starts 'legal' action and what not.

Unless you have done something wrong to CC/CVPS (and I mean wrong... as in stolen from them, damaged their property, shat in their kettle) then you have absolutely nothing to fear by speaking out. This is, of course, on the basis that you no longer have any services with them (<- this in itself shows just how ridiculous the situation is).

So how about we all grab our respective testicles, give them a shake and say what we want to say? There is no fear of legal repercussions if you have done nothing wrong. There is no libel here, no slander, no other legal suits going to be brought to your door. All this crap about "serving papers" is just that - crap. If papers are to be served then they have to be S-E-R-V-E-D. There has to be a very, very good reason for that happening too because it's not cheap and there is no guarantee it'll be successful.

Just an FYI with regards to the posts that have 'gone missing', they are missing from the forum but not the ether. On a similar note, and as I mentioned here previously, think before you post. If you post something then let it stick, don't turn in to a dummy-sucking gloop of dribble and remove them or request removal - it invalidates any ounce of credibility you may seek later down the line when you DO try and provide information.

SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY OR SHUT UP.

</My 2c.>

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Me, oh my, did I say: "Jon and Linda Biloh"? Err, scratch that, that's not the name of either party.  

Jon(athan) (?) Bilohskijikaski and Linda Clarke,  that's more like it.

Neither are going to "subpoena" anyone or sue.   That's been thrown dozens of times at people in passing years.  That Chicago sock puppet likes to throw around the same stuff.

I am waiting for them to misappropriate some DMCA takedowns though.  Getting to the point that spin won't make it all better and bury reality in the search heap.

Fact is, since they are a corporation ala Velocity Gaming Servers, doing anything legal requires representation and filing by lawyer.  Yes, you cannot represent a corporation as an individual or it would pierce the corporate veil of protection.  Meaning, even if the Court so stupidly allowed it, any counter claim could be made against the representatives acting outside of the veil in their personal capacity (I'll sue you for your beloved rock collection).

Hiring those monopoly men called lawyers who have exclusive representation ability of said corporation in courts of law costs money = retainer fees if they don't have such socked into a lawyer already plus paralegal billable, plus the lawyer, plus costs for filing and service.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
buffalooed said:
Neither are going to "subpoena" anyone or sue.   That's been thrown dozens of times at people in passing years.  That Chicago sock puppet likes to throw around the same stuff.
This exactly.  Chris threatened me with lawsuits multiple times over my commentary in the past - he was told to go fuck himself and be grateful that he was worth enough of my time to even receive the reply. 

buffalooed said:
I am waiting for them to misappropriate some DMCA takedowns though.  Getting to the point that spin won't make it all better and bury reality in the search heap.
Plus, DMCA is incredibly shaky grounds to begin with.  For starters, I reject email DMCA completely.  Signed postal mail only (digital 'signatures' aren't worth shit IMO).  I also won't accept any DMCA sent by a 'representative' or anyone other than the party/person affected, proper legal retainers excepted.  Which brings the next fun bit...

buffalooed said:
Fact is, since they are a corporation ala Velocity Gaming Servers, doing anything legal requires representation and filing by lawyer.

buffalooed said:
Hiring those monopoly men called lawyers who have exclusive representation ability of said corporation in courts of law costs money = retainer fees if they don't have such socked into a lawyer already plus paralegal billable, plus the lawyer, plus costs for filing and service.
Costs of actually hiring a lawyer.  We're talking about a company that can't afford to provide health insurance for its employees. (Based on when I interviewed with them for a job way back when). 

Now for the rest of this paragraph, I'm not going to reveal any sources, so feel free to treat this as pure rumour.. but it's fairly easy to see the pieces.  I don't see any type of legitimate legal counsel being hired.  I really don't think they can afford it.  Several folks over the past year have walked out of CC, and have been begged to stay, and even offered lower prices if they did.  Combine this with repo'd gear being crammed into CVPS and firesaled at ridiculous prices (an obvious "need cash now" when the plans are unsustainable), and it makes me wonder if all of the nonsense sales are just a scramble attempt to get their bills paid each month.

tl;dr - I don't see them scraping up enough cash to retain legal counsel (not to mention court costs/etc) purely to try and chase down someone that posted things on THE INTERNET that made them sad.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I wonder if every time we are mean on the internet to Jon boy if Linda gets mad and punishes some kid in the daycare?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Costs of actually hiring a lawyer.  We're talking about a company that can't afford to provide health insurance for its employees. (Based on when I interviewed with them for a job way back when). 
Oh, insurance for the new upcoming mandatory nationwide experiment.  Sure that will do many companies in.  

Problem is, CC doesn't have proper employees.  Well, very few.   They love contractors and non employment work relations.

What they couldn't afford or didn't want to afford before was withholding income taxes from employees or actually remitting them to the State of New York, as per public records.

As far as paying employees goes, legendary abuses.  Unrealistic always available hours and low pay.   At least one employee snapped in spectacular fashion after having had enough.   Where is that ChicagoVPS fellow to cuss at me and call me that poor lads name again?

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
To be fair, I'm sure the 'legit' employees have insurance/benefits/whatever the law requires.  But when I asked about having coverage for myself and my daughter, I was told "You'd have to provide your own".  This, in combination with their stipulation that I would have to leave Frantech/BuyVM in order to work for them (it's a conflict of interest :rolleyes:) is why I turned down the job.

mpkossen

I had a single posting on LEB which did bring in quite a lot of traffic but it took a good month and a half to get listed. I submitted a ticket for another listing a month after, and it STILL hasn't been updated. It seems more and more they're unwilling to maintain the ruse.
It's something I hope can be changed. There's just a lot of offers in the queue, what can I say?

LET/LEB = LowEndTalk and LowEndBox... Colocrossing bought these sites back in.. well, not sure of the exact date. It's been a year or so. They kept it hush hush. LowEndBox is a platform used to more or less promote companies that utilize Colocrossing more than other companies. I mean, makes sense, promote those so they grow and in turn order more servers from CC. Can't say I blame them, but still incredibly shady since the deal was a silent one. Business is business, I guess. It's just their effort to dominate the 'low end' market.
They bought it just before Alex came public with his SysAdmin account, which was in May I believe. Before that, there were heavily involved but it was still owned by Chief/Joel (who didn't do/care much for it). I heard they saved the place because of Joel not being interested/involved enough.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
They bought it just before Alex came public with his SysAdmin account, which was in May I believe. 
Alex didn't come willingly into the public with this info. 

@Nick_A discovered that Alex Vial was the recipient of the BuySellAds account.   When he asked about it on LET the account info was quickly changed to some non descript Gmail or similar email account.

The only reason this info was confirmed was due to the multiple hacks of LET.

The original info on the BSA account was floated around in February-March of this year.

The BSA account itself has a date of February 2012.

It's kind of ironic that Joel gets the site and within that first month of having it, it gets DDoS'd and magically Colocrossing is hosting it and "saving it".   It was PR spin for CC's hosting and to disguise the fact that they snaked the site, a diversion.  CC doesn't even specialize in DDoS protection  services.  They'll gladly null you.

There's just a lot of offers in the queue, what can I say?
The offers in the queue excuse :)

Well you can start thinning those offers out by eliminating the CC owned companies like Hudson Valley and ChicagoVPS.

After that you can stop mass posting the offers from your buddy at B2 Net / ServerHub / Aim2Game / we run more front companies than Colocrossing.  If you need some help on that, we have a thread over here for that shit organization:

http://vpsboard.com/topic/963-thread-for-buffalooed-to-investigate/?hl=investigate

What can you say?  You can say something unique to Colocrossing, the truth.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
A moderation split of this thread is requested.

New thread:  Who made an Offer to Buy vpsBoard

Please :)

So we have:

1. Jack, a provider in the community who rented servers from Colocrossing.  He became displeased with CC and vocal (his posts here).  Jon and Linda Biloh started their yelling and legal threats or just to pull down GRE tunnels on Jack.  Jack retreated by pulling the posts.

2. Monk, a former high profile Colocrossing employee and the center of much mystery in the LET/LEB and vpsBoard communities.   He appears from the dead, posts nothing of great controversy, but relating to CC.  Soon thereafter, he either knows what happens to folks or Jon and Linda Biloh do their two step dance of yelling and legal threats.  So down it comes.

You all picked a great time to show up and share.  Let the shit fly guys.  The blood will wash out in the laundry.
I was browsing a thread and I came across this one. I didn't know if Robby was still in business or not so I decided to make a comment. I did some consulting work for him (I wrote him a booster module that made his servers some of the best in the world so I wanted to see how he was doing), wasn't sure if he followed this thread or not on a different name.

As for someone else mentioning I shouldn't request my posts be deleted, I simply do not want threats of legal action. I have more to loose as a former employee (which makes me a prime target of lawsuits). This is why myself, Cody, Brian, Blake, Shenkle (or however you spell his last name) won't comment on anything because we were threatened at some point. I was threatened last year, in not so many words. 

I am no longer an employee there and have not been one for a long time. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I didn't know if Robby was still in business
He is :)  The TL;DR is that CC failed to deliver servers over many months and he supposedly said no more, contract void and left.   They responded by using the Lowendbox and Lowendtalk sites to remove all mentions, posts, offers, etc. for EoR and hide behind the logic that such was removed for.... drumroll.... legal action or pending legal -- as if someone was suing the other.

I simply do not want threats of legal action. I have more to loose as a former employee (which makes me a prime target of lawsuits).
Threats are threats, words.  Sadly something must go on up there in Buffalo that you are all privy to.  Something exhibiting some real anger or someone swinging a big power stick.  It isn't boy wonder and his daycare mama that have you all buttoned up from the mouth down.  I know they threaten people with legal action.  Have a list of people they've spouted like that about.  ZERO superhero action from them.  All bark, no bite.

You've been an enigma of sorts to me.  Lots of interest has surrounded your name for quite a while (related to CC).  Obviously, you must know your name appears on their employee roles for Velocity.  Plus you and Gibson are tied together for a special high performance gaming company subsidiary.

amuck-landowner