amuck-landowner

Kris

Yeahhh!

One to spit out the raw prefixes would be great.

That way, enter ASN:

Get all prefixes (for easy copying into a firewall, per se)  :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
:popcorn:

You guys are on fire!   So glad to see people towing the boat on this.   Glad to have other folks creating tools (I don't code).

I caught the muck on LET earlier today between things and unsure when people on LET went so soft and stupid.  Satan could give it hot and loosely over there for the price of some cheap VPS.

B2Net has been crapping all over CC IPs for the past year or more.  I said it before, when push comes to shove and CC has to stop the nonsense with selling to mass spammers, they'll shift to soiling their "partner" ASNs. B2Net/Servermania will be the first partner experiment since they have a special relationship.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am not finding the exact link here - ARIN's site is meh.

But since they issue the blocks, that would be the place to get the IP block allocations from so current (they update quickly after blocks get issued, even if they aren't being used or routed).

http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/VGS-9/nets

Maybe @Francisco has a link or input on how to accurately get CC's allocations there on the ARIN site.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
And the final result: http://whosspamming.us/

A single page that can be shown to anyone outlining why ColoCrossing is so evil, the significance of B2 Net getting in bed with them, the numbers of total and dirty IPs of each, links to Spamhaus records, and links to lists of IP blocks for easy blocking. Only thing is it's ugly - any help there would be appreciated.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
@D. Strout

even though ColoCrossing is a relatively small company with only $12 million in projected revenue

Their current year sales were a bit north of $6 million.   So they are basically saying they will double their income in one year.  This is why competing with themselves and their own customers and while while circus pushes prices down to unsustainable prices.  As we saw recently:  1. BlueVM hit their price bottom and floating prices up.   2. 123Systems hit their price bottom and floating prices up.  3. The biggest example of price destruction, GVH announced recently a 15% uptick in prices.

CC is going to find 6 million new coins where?  Sell more IPs to spammers, sure.  Sell more IPs on swapped deals with partners, sure.  Start accepting BitCoin and play the collect and speculate game, sure (while ducking taxation).  Acquire some tiny companies, sure, they've been sending out let's talk / merge things since the M&A Robinson fellow came on board.

6 million excuses.

Server Mania

It's ServerMania

Good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Looks like I am the only one who voted 9...

Maybe I'm an optimist, but it could always be worse. Don't get me wrong, they need to get their shit together... but I won't give them a 10/10 for poor being a poor spam-happy network for the same reason I won't give a 10/10 rating for something that I consider good, like a good service or good meal. Always room for improvement, or in their case, room to be worse. :)

k0nsl

Bad Goy
Very nice work, Strout! I'm adding this list below to my most important boxes:
http://whosspamming.us/list.php?provider=vs&list=all

Thanks again, very useful.

[edit]

I also HN'd it for more exposure.

And the final result: http://whosspamming.us/

A single page that can be shown to anyone outlining why ColoCrossing is so evil, the significance of B2 Net getting in bed with them, the numbers of total and dirty IPs of each, links to Spamhaus records, and links to lists of IP blocks for easy blocking. Only thing is it's ugly - any help there would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Fixed a few typos on the site, and also added an option for "raw" output of subnets by adding &nocomments to the end of the URL.

Looking at the list, I noticed that there are some Level 3 IPs on it, along with other companies I don't know about. I'd love to get you guys' thoughts on this version of the list, with the obvious players removed. (Yeah, I added a filter option too, &filter=[semicolon-separated list of items to hide])

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I use to feel bad for collateral damage to CC's customers.  Fact is, I am pretty sure they all have been warned and should have seen 50 different NEGATIVE things about CC by now.

And the head cheese Biloh blames crap on his network on "fact" that there are so many VPS companies under CC and a spammer can be booted out, just to show up at yet another company on the network in 15 seconds.

See all stupidity by design.  Cause really, they could institute something with teeth to slap bad customers.   They could limit SMTP send rates.   They could do many things.   But they don't and it's part of the whoa poor us schtick.

If their downstream VPS companies (that they don't have investment or partner gimmick with) are so g*d damn inept, then they deserve to be beaten, slapped, banned, bankrupted.

Include every IP issued to CC and all those which they get from datacenters and bandwidth upstreams.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I use to feel bad for collateral damage to CC's customers.  Fact is, I am pretty sure they all have been warned and should have seen 50 different NEGATIVE things about CC by now.

And the head cheese Biloh blames crap on his network on "fact" that there are so many VPS companies under CC and a spammer can be booted out, just to show up at yet another company on the network in 15 seconds.

See all stupidity by design.  Cause really, they could institute something with teeth to slap bad customers.   They could limit SMTP send rates.   They could do many things.   But they don't and it's part of the whoa poor us schtick.

If their downstream VPS companies (that they don't have investment or partner gimmick with) are so g*d damn inept, then they deserve to be beaten, slapped, banned, bankrupted.

Include every IP issued to CC and all those which they get from datacenters and bandwidth upstreams.
Brutal.

While they probably don't want to get involved in how their customers operate their nodes, it may be in their best interest to put out a notice requesting hosts install something like nodewatch or something similar just to get things cleaned up.

Once all the VPS/cloud providers are in check you find out which reseller is reselling the most dedicated servers to spammers and boot 'em. It doesn't matter if they have 30 - 50 servers on their account, if they're refusing to keep their nose clean you need to start fining them for the SPAM cleanup or just off them.

The amount of flack they're having to eat day in/day out has to be stressing the hell out of them. It simply can't be worth it to keep dealing with the providers that refuse to do their due diligence.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Where is a good place to get a list of CC ips?
bgp.he.net has all the ranges... but if they are just issued and perhaps not ASN announced will not show on bgp.he.net.

Somewhere in ARIN's mess of a site you can find all the ranges issued (and neartime since ARIN is the issuer).  But ARIN's site is BLAH!!!!!!

The whosspamming.us site has a list at the bottom - actually various lists.   (easiest route to re-use already done work).

Mun

Never Forget
Ohh someone build me a readme file. I'm too busy at the moment. Should update every day just FYI.

amuck-landowner