amuck-landowner

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Any suggestions, config files etc?
Does your script your stuff to pull data from whoispamming.us?  Just in case I spend time with the data and find ranges missing or other things to note (still have to do such).

And, how often is it updated?

We are going to need to make a sticky / reference section and include all of this work.  Great stuff!

Mun

Never Forget
Does your script your stuff to pull data from whoispamming.us?  Just in case I spend time with the data and find ranges missing or other things to note (still have to do such).

And, how often is it updated?

We are going to need to make a sticky / reference section and include all of this work.  Great stuff!
No, I don't use the whoisspamming.us I use bgp.he.net, with my own script. I also do not use CC's ASN and instead base it off everything with the name "ColoCrossing". I did this because this is about CC, and though I know bluevm and newwave tech isn't perfect with spam either, they are by all intensive purposes their own entity. This is why you see weird names in his list.

It currently runs a cronjob once a day and builds the list. It should keep it pretty up to date.

If you want other lists made it is very easy and modular for me to do so. Please send me the ASN you want and I'll set it up asap.

I will be making a thread on qwdsa.com for support in the near future for this little applet in case any of you notice an issue which their should be none.

You may also want to check out NBL which is based off stop forum spam. Please note "DO NOT USE THE htaccess file" as apache will get destroyed by the size of the file. Nginx is the only one suggested.

https://cdn.content-network.net/nbl/

Sorry for my bad grammar.

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
No, I don't use the whoisspamming.us I use bgp.he.net, with my own script. I also do not use CC's ASN and instead base it off everything with the name "ColoCrossing". I did this because this is about CC, and though I know bluevm and newwave tech isn't perfect with spam either, they are by all intensive purposes their own entity. This is why you see weird names in his list.
ColoCrossing's Spamhaus SBLs are fairly evenly distributed across 3 groups of IPs: ColoCrossing unswipped, IPs assigned to HudsonValleyHost, and IPs assigned to New Wave Netconnect (CVPS) so NewWave Netconnect should be included too otherwise you're still going to get hit with a large percentage of the CC spam/botnets/crap. 

Mun

Never Forget
ColoCrossing's Spamhaus SBLs are fairly evenly distributed across 3 groups of IPs: ColoCrossing unswipped, IPs assigned to HudsonValleyHost, and IPs assigned to New Wave Netconnect (CVPS) so NewWave Netconnect should be included too otherwise you're still going to get hit with a large percentage of the CC spam/botnets/crap. 
Separate files or combined?

Mun

Never Forget
NM im too tired, I have some ideas and I will put them into play how I think they should be done.

Can I get some ASN's people would like block lists for. Yes I am lazy and have no Idea on all the block lists you might like. Shoot me anything you like.

Mun

See you in 8 hours.

amuck-landowner