amuck-landowner

BlueVM Change of Ownership?

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
When this was brought up before, the issue was with CC not changing the Whois because they are too lazy to do that stuff,
I can see that - we had the same issue with DirectSpace.  We haven't been with them in years, and I still get tons of abuse emails for the spammers they sell to, because Ed never took our name off the SWIP.

Rallias

When this was brought up before, the issue was with CC not changing the Whois because they are too lazy to do that stuff, and instead make piss threads on LET and call people idiots. However, CC supposedly reallocated to bluevm that IP space.
And you're not even on payroll... can anyone see what's wrong with that?

SkylarM

Verified Provider
I can see that - we had the same issue with DirectSpace.  We haven't been with them in years, and I still get tons of abuse emails for the spammers they sell to, because Ed never took our name off the SWIP.
I had to submit a ticket to ARIN with a CC to Jon Biloh to get them to remove the POC update on the IPs I had with them in LA.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
BlueVM used ChicagoVPS's servers from the start.
I'm not sure about that.

They had servers with a good half dozen+ providers when they first started.

I think a lot of their stuff was mostly where Justin could find affordable deals on everything. When they moved into CC they lowered their node counts since they were using E3's now.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
Before we moved to ColoCrossing locations, we had services with a wide range of DCs. Colo@ for both LA and ATL, Continuum in IL, WSI in Kansas, and Incero in Dallas. We had older and less powerful hardware back then as well, mostly Dual L5420's with 16GB RAM. We also had no rDNS authority, and overall stuff wasn't as nice. Now we've got nice E3's and E5-2620's for KVM servers. Much nicer.

WebSearchingPro

VPS Peddler
Verified Provider
I guess this funny piece just turned up

Rallias

Oh... man... this has gotten a bit out of control.

Backstory to the screenshot. I was with a friend last night, and we were playing around with skype. He changed his name to "Chris Fabozzi" and we were joking around like "Yo, it'd be really funny if you pretended to own a bunch of random ass companies on LET". Later on, he was on teamviewer to my laptop, and my computer didn't hibernate when I shut the lid. So while I was out working on a car I just bought... well this all happened. False alarm, what have you.

Moral of the story: Teamviewer is bad for you. Make sure to kill it, not just close the session.
http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/467033/#Comment_467033

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Updated title to reflect the not 100% certainty. (added question mark).

I don't buy Rallias' story about the TeamViewer thing, seems he's backtracking now.

EDIT: WOOPS, forgot to hit 'Post' earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarland

The ocean is digital
Updated title to reflect the not 100% certainty. (added question mark).

I don't buy Rallias' story about the TeamViewer thing, seems he's backtracking now.

EDIT: WOOPS, forgot to hit 'Post' earlier.
Neither do I, but currently there is only reason to suspect Andrew of playing games here. He happened to pick the perfect cover story that couldn't be picked apart by IP records. He referenced in a @ reply to me previous conversation we had in another thread, he posted here to Mun in a way that wasn't in any way an attempt to make himself look either bad or good. So his "friend" is extremely well informed and enjoys casual conversation as Andrew over teamviewer. He sure must have been preparing for this for quite some time to be so ready to hop into Andrew's shoes like nothing at all was new to him.

Given that his "friend" is that well informed about the comings and goings of LET and VPSB and think it's funny to post what he knows would be very controversial against Andrew, seems like an odd friend to give free teamviewer access to. But then what do I know...story could be entirely true. Just all too convenient. I'm not pointing any fingers at Chris, but Andrew is acting a bit funny.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueVM

Verified Provider
I'm not a big fan of drama; I have no use for it nor for threads like this. No matter what I say some people in the community are going to believe that Chris owns BlueVM. This isn't the case... I own 100% of BlueVM Communications LLC.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going back to changing all of our passwords and SSH keys. No telling what might have gotten out thanks to Rallias's negligence.

vRozenSch00n

I'm not a big fan of drama; I have no use for it nor for threads like this. No matter what I say some people in the community are going to believe that Chris owns BlueVM. This isn't the case... I own 100% of BlueVM Communications LLC.

I trust you on this, as so far I'm a happy customer.  :)

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going back to changing all of our passwords and SSH keys. No telling what might have gotten out thanks to Rallias's negligence.
I hope this is not is not a corporate data theft case.

amuck-landowner