amuck-landowner

ColoCrossing & Hudson Valley Host are dishonest, unethical, and partake in illegal activities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
If you have any concerns about LET, we do have a Feedback & Suggestions thread you are more than welcome to share your concerns in: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/11741/feedback-suggestions#latest
I see no reason I cannot voice my observations here.  Don't pretend that you're not aware of what goes on - the only reason you post that feedback-suggestions link is to 1) make it look like you're actually going to do something about it, and 2) try to draw traffic to your site.

BTW - I love how you can link to LET from here, but throw an absolute fit if someone links to VPSB over there <_<

vRozenSch00n

mkpossen is a stooge...it's unfortunate that he choses to be Jon Biloh's LEB's Bitch. Anyone that deals with anything related to CC is nuts.
AFAIK @mpkossen is not the only administrator there. There are 3 other known administrators: Spirit, Jon Biloh, and Alex Vial. I think he has done his best there.

MonsteR

Yay, This thread is here too, Maybe this one wont get closed or abused by admins :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
So, how about that disclaimer of ownership in the footer that I asked about in the feedback thread, after you asked me to post the question there?
@mpkossen also needs to add disclaimer of ownership notices to the existing Hudson Valley Host offerings writeups on LET because right now his writeups are in violation of FTC guidelines.

toadyus

Article Submitter
AFAIK @mpkossen is not the only administrator there. There are 3 other known administrators: Spirit, Jon Biloh, and Alex Vial. I think he has done his best there.
Unfortunately I tend to judge people on the company that they keep. He lost all my respect when he didn't deal with Chris Fabozzi / UGVPS incident properly and professionally. The fact that ChicagoVPS is still allowed to advertise on the LET/LEB is gong show and a sham.

FHN-Eric

Verified Provider
The only reason I backed his story is because I actually cared about his privacy and saw nothing wrong with it. You are the one making a big deal out of literally nothing. Am I a bad guy because Im a caring person and felt if he wanted privacy he could have it?
Now that's transparency. That's the kind of truth we want. No, that does not make you a bad guy for caring about someones privacy.

vRozenSch00n

Unfortunately I tend to judge people on the company that they keep. He lost all my respect when he didn't deal with Chris Fabozzi / UGVPS incident properly and professionally. The fact that ChicagoVPS is still allowed to advertise on the LET/LEB is gong show and a sham.
I might be wrong, but I see it differently. LET/LEB now belongs to ColoCrossing, while UGVPS, ChicagoVPS are ColoCrossing's shell subsidiary companies.

I see @mpkossen as a guy in a limbo. In one hand he as to apply forum rules, unfortunately his hands are tied when it comes the time when the owner wishes to bend the rule. :( In case of why he keep the job, he has his own reason. (Newly married and need extra income, maybe?). At least he is not a cocky guy. :)

mpkossen

I see no reason I cannot voice my observations here.  Don't pretend that you're not aware of what goes on - the only reason you post that feedback-suggestions link is to 1) make it look like you're actually going to do something about it, and 2) try to draw traffic to your site.

BTW - I love how you can link to LET from here, but throw an absolute fit if someone links to VPSB over there <_<
You can link here from LET. No problem. Last time I saw it was last week, in the OP of a thread. People joke about it, sure. It's been handled badly in the past (on a few occasions), I admit. But it's allowed to link here. I've also made this quite clear on LET a couple of times.

My only goal was (and @joepie91's post proves that) to keep things regarding improving LET at LET (and in the central place at LET where I can dig them up). If anyone has an interest to improve LET but doesn't want to go there, I honestly wonder where that interest comes from.

joepie91

My only goal was (and @joepie91's post proves that) to keep things regarding improving LET at LET (and in the central place at LET where I can dig them up). If anyone has an interest to improve LET but doesn't want to go there, I honestly wonder where that interest comes from.
I've kept an eye on the feedback thread for a while after posting in it, and never actually saw a response to what I suggested. I'm not sure what my post is supposed to prove, beyond "joepie91 goes to LET to post in the feedback thread when asked to do so".

mpkossen

I've kept an eye on the feedback thread for a while after posting in it, and never actually saw a response to what I suggested. I'm not sure what my post is supposed to prove, beyond "joepie91 goes to LET to post in the feedback thread when asked to do so".
The fact that you're asking for a status update here instead of at LET is the reason I'd rather have it at LET, in one central place.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Similar case with GVH, when public found out that they are dealing with someone of illegal business age.   :eek:
GVH-Jon is legally a minor I believe in his home state.

The company is incorporated in Illinois and to another fellow, who is of adulthood age.  Unsure how much the incorporated party is involved in GVH.  

As far as the revelations about GVH, the idea that Jon is a minor was stated on LET back in ~ March of 2013, not by Jon surprisingly.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Now that's transparency. That's the kind of truth we want. No, that does not make you a bad guy for caring about someones privacy.
Not to rain on your complimentary treatment of our distinguished guest Mr. Fabozzi, but if he really cared about privacy he would have done the proper things to secure his clients and their info and not had their database float off to the internet public twice.   He would have notified "authorities" of the issue and wrote a perma-sticky on his website about policies and procedures implemented so new potential customers would view him as a victim doing the right thing instead of a business that doesn't care or hides the history.

The Adam/Kevin thing was UGLY.  If he cared about such disclosure/shielding "employees" he would have nothing more than first name and last initial for his staff in customer facing matters.   He doesn't and is inconsistent in this manner.

He didn't want Adam out there because Adam was I believe a minor when he started with CVPS and Adam's previous companies and activities could show a pattern of negativity reputable folks might not want associated with their brand.

love4cars4234

Hi guys. My credit card has been compromised on the same date I paid for HVH/CC servers. The bank right away thought it was related to CC. I tried to ask them why they thought this but wouldn't tell me much due to some "privacy laws". But sounded like they knew what they were talking about when blaming on the CC for this compromised.

I had to close down my credit card so could be re-issued via mail. So I won't be able to use this card even if the CC bastards refund the money back to me until I get the new card in 7-12 business days.

Just fantastic day for me.

joepie91

The fact that you're asking for a status update here instead of at LET is the reason I'd rather have it at LET, in one central place.
Perhaps I'm doing that because the last time I posted about it on LET, I didn't get a response at all. And seeing as you're reading the thread here, and I have assurance that my posts won't magically disappear / be changed / whatever, that seems like a much more viable prospect than asking the same question in the same thread on the same forum where I didn't get a response before. Feel free to respond to my post in the LET feedback thread, and I'll gladly continue there.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
You can link here from LET. No problem. Last time I saw it was last week, in the OP of a thread. People joke about it, sure. It's been handled badly in the past (on a few occasions), I admit. But it's allowed to link here. I've also made this quite clear on LET a couple of times.
Thanks for clarifying that.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hi guys. My credit card has been compromised on the same date I paid for HVH/CC servers. The bank right away thought it was related to CC. I tried to ask them why they thought this but wouldn't tell me much due to some "privacy laws". But sounded like they knew what they were talking about when blaming on the CC for this compromised.

I had to close down my credit card so could be re-issued via mail. So I won't be able to use this card even if the CC bastards refund the money back to me until I get the new card in 7-12 business days.

Just fantastic day for me.
Thanks for sticking to the matter and updating everyone.   Most folks get stressed and discouraged and disappear sadly.

Contact your bank and see about get information on the bad transaction.  As much info as possible.  Charging company, processing company, data and time, location, etc.   Something is foul about that fraud transaction.   Since it is your account, you are entitled to the information, ask the issuer how you get it and if they bark about that, let me know and I'll try to give you a hand.

FHN-Eric

Verified Provider
Not to rain on your complimentary treatment of our distinguished guest Mr. Fabozzi, but if he really cared about privacy he would have done the proper things to secure his clients and their info and not had their database float off to the internet public twice.   He would have notified "authorities" of the issue and wrote a perma-sticky on his website about policies and procedures implemented so new potential customers would view him as a victim doing the right thing instead of a business that doesn't care or hides the history.
I never said that he did the right thing, I said it doesn't make you a bad person for caring about privacy. Now that I mention it, anyone notice that HVH has no Privacy Policy listed? They only have a TOS and AUP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner