amuck-landowner

Follow Us - Colo@ Datacenter Facility Construction Progress

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I bet those shops and storefronts beneath you just love you guys. Blocking their sidewalk and making all sorts of noise :)

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
I've seen a lot of gen installs but that genny enclosure has to be one of the better one's I have seen.  That's a good one for client tours :)

Some places give a rats ass what their generator rooms look like as long as it meets fire code, but it's terrible for showing to potential clients when they look ugly.

Typical header though :D paint never sticks to them or turns the colors weird.

Course I'm typing this from a Carinval Ship hope theirs is in tip top shape for the next 11 hours until we dock back in Texas.

EricGregory

We're still making progress on the expansion.  

An additional UPS has been put in place and is nearly ready to get wired in.

V6WW6Uo.jpg

More wiring, this comes off the ATS feeding the generator...  Before...

UKXMCwG.jpg

And After...

CjPr7RI.jpg

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
Jon they're pretty good at dealing with the noise I think the loudest it gets is when it first starts up from the starter motor, but otherwise fairly quiet.

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
Without it, we'll your ears would bleed.  We had some out in Korea behind a CO I worked at and we kept the yard tools in there and as murphy would have it, I walk in there to get a broom and the power goes out.  These suckers were just straight pipe out the back. 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Yep it is.  This thread is a goal to provide a bit of insight on what's going into upgrading and expanding our Atlanta facility at 34 Peachtree St.
Looking great so far!

Love watching the progress here. Do you have any sort of planned timeline of completion or anything you can share with us?

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
You have must locate your tool bag and assemble your flange assembly!

That's one mean reducer from the iron to copper pipe.

amuck-landowner