amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost becoming ColoCrossing, dumping providers, etc.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Without saying any specifics .. that's not entirely true.
Then fair enough, It was just a comment that was floating around. It'd make more sense if they all

just shared from a pool of available equipment, but I could understand there being a split in

equipment for management purposes.

Francisco

GVH-Jon

Banned
A sneak peek at the announcement yet to come from GVH.

Green Value Hosting, Inc. is pleased to announce that we are migrating our Los Angeles and Dallas infrastructure back to ColoCrossing's network and hardware, and designating ColoCrossing as our exclusive provider in all locations spanning their network."

.. ColoCrossing will serve as our platform to grow and prosper in locations all throughout the United States. Through the process of expanding to and utilizing all of their locations (Buffalo, New York City Metro, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Jose, and Seattle), GreenValueHost will undoubtedly be set on the road to a brighter future .....
Unfinished draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Onra Host

Verified Provider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo
After reading this entire thread just now...thank you for saying what I was thinking haha. 

To Jon/GVH: How do you expect to stay in business another year or two with these prices? I mean it's not like your getting any good reviews lately. What happens when something goes wrong and your razor thin margins are already barley cutting it? 

By all means, let me know what your doing to succeed (in the long run) that I'm not. 

GVH-Jon

Banned
We have special arrangements that would would make your jaw drop, arrangements you'd likely never be able to obtain from anyone which explains how we're able to sell at the prices we do.

GVH-Jon

Banned
Dude, you're charging nearly 3x the price we charge for an E3-1240v3. We still profit on a fairly decent scale even with the price we charge on that dedi. That itself should give you a huge hint

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
We have special arrangements that would would make your jaw drop, arrangements you'd likely never be able to obtain from anyone which explains how we're able to sell at the prices we do.
Getting servers at cost so CC can grow their justification for more IPs to tarnish isn't exactly a secret or new concept.

Amitz

I see new stains on the carpet... ;)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Green Value Hosting, Inc. is pleased to announce that we are migrating our Los Angeles and Dallas infrastructure back to ColoCrossing's network and hardware, and designating ColoCrossing as our exclusive provider in all locations spanning their network."
So again, everything ends up being just like I said....   Ho hum.

GVH is running for shelter with HVH / CC.  Officially or unofficially being part of the Velocity / ColoCrossing family, blah, not highly material.

What is material is based on the LET offer I saw today, either CC/HVH owns GVH or they are handing him crazy preferential near-at-cost servers and bandwidth.  The details on some of the offers are full blown RETARDED.  $5 a year, 24 core access,  piles of bandwidth, etc.

Again, CC is doing this shit to tank the market.  Same mentality as snaking LET/LEB and controlling the marketplace.

Intentional cost diving on services.  They can't compete on quality, customer service, etc.   so they create a destructive economic model instead.   Let them sell to 200k customers to gross ahhh $1-2 million a year.   No money in the model for support, dealing with issues (maybe that's part of why spam is out of control on CC's network - in addition to them selling IPs directly to spammers for money), etc.

I know I am watching a slow motion trainwreck and all the collective ant hills of money aren't going to change the situation into some suburban utopian love story like CC and cohorts keep spinning. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

If I were you, I wouldn't ever claim such a thing AGAIN.  ANYWHERE.

This undoubtedly crosses legal lines into price fixing.   A practice that governments in the United States frown about.  Spare me the customers benefit bullshit.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
$6 monthly for 5GB RAM, 120GB SSD space, 13 IPv4s, provider  doesn't own his own equipment or IP space and claims to be a completely independent company...no comment :p

24 CPU cores (Fair share)
120GB PURE RAID 10 SSD Space
8000GB Premium Bandwidth
5120MB Guaranteed RAM
5120MB vSwap RAM
13 IPv4 Addresses
$7.00/month OR $18.00/quarter
and the SATA version with 6GB RAM, 325GB HD, and 25TB bw for $6 monthly:

6 CPU Cores
325GB RAID-10 HDD Space
25TB Premium Bandwidth
6144MB Guaranteed RAM
6144MB vSwap RAM
4 IPv4 Addresses
$7.00/month OR $18/quarter
/24 per node. Oversell much?

CC took care of our Chicago IPs. We receive /24s for our nodes on demand.
When a provider packs that many OpenVZ VPS's on a single dedicated server (which uses local storage) it should be called what it is: shared hosting. :p

edit:

The special arrangements would be your scumbag role models in Buffalo subsidizing their "house brands" low price plans with the profits they make from selling to spammers and people who the US government has said are engaged in criminal activity  (yes, CC received another ROKSO SBL today for scam emails  fraudster Yair Shalev is sending from ColoCrossing's network.  Yair has been a CC customer far longer than Jonny has, and ColoCrossing has received over 100 Yair -related SBL's  in the last 2 years alone...and yet he's still a customer.  Wonder how much he pays for the privilege of remaining a customer?

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Riiiiight.

$6 monthly for 5GB RAM, 120GB SSD space, 13 IPv4s, provider  doesn't own his own equipment or IP space and claims to be a completely independent company...no comment :p
It's quite a simple business model. Doesn't really work long-term, but Jon will figure that out soon enough. He has a handful of unpaid bills with Quadranet, including some hefty bandwidth overages. How do you pay these bills? Sell annual packages to pay the monthly bills of course! But you see, if you are hosted with ColoCrossing, with preferential treatment from Ernie @ HVH (who has complete access to their WHMCS to "setup and manage the sales orders of dedicated servers"), you are going to get a lot more leeway on your bills going unpaid for a longer period of time before they start knocking on doors.

Jon is purely playing the unsustainable game of "sell annuals to pay monthly bills" and to try and stay afloat, all the while playing to the advantage of the annoyingly retarded drama surrounding a "company" that Jon doesn't even legally own, all to drum up sales for unsustainable products he knows aren't profitable by themselves.

GVH-Jon

Banned
1. We do NOT have bandwidth overages with QuadraNet, and I have spoken with the billing manager at QuadraNet, Sergio, as well as the sales manager Dustin to work things out.

2. We've worked out a long term solution which is classified information

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
What's going to happen with AMS?

Francisco
Well I remember that smacking of Patrick / Iniz about GVH coming to AMS to compete and eat his lunch....

Outside of BlueVM, no other CC owned/partner company has non CC location(s)....

So.... AMS customers, get your moving truck ready and get to making backups, now.

amuck-landowner