amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost becoming ColoCrossing, dumping providers, etc.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Is incredible how much lies you can see in one thread. So much hate. So much negative energy!

We all know the current problems with CC and all of that but you guys must admit, no other company related to CC or CC by itself get embarrassed or disliked in this way. Nor you see the owners of those respective companies doing the clown stuff we see in this thread. C'mon Jon, WTF? The problem is not your age... clearly.
Well, GVH certainly exceeded the bullshit-o-meter level formerly raised sky high by CVPS most notoriously.   Same waffle maker stamping these guys out (Fab and Jonny N).   I dared CVPS to be his own thing if he truly wasn't a pawn on the CC chessboard and break out to other locations and such.   He vehemently said no way to that.  GVH is basically doing the same things in a reverse order.  GVH never was CC, they were waffling between providers, one, after, another.... Now like CVPS, they can't have a business anywhere else, except at CC where the deals are "special".

Way I am seeing this situation big picture and have for months as the drama ramas have spilled out mainly on WHT and LET is that like the circus or rodeo, you need professional clowns as distractions. Keeping some of us busy with GVH lets the other CC brands have some low pressure time with less scrutiny.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Relatively speaking, I haven't been in this "industry" for long. To date, all the hosts I know were either outside the CC camp or well inside for as long as I'd known of them. This is the first I remember a provider going over to the dark side. As of now, I have a VPS with them in Dallas with Quadranet. From this offer, ironically. Shortly after I purchased, they moved from CoreXChange to QuadraNet. Fine, QuadraNet is OK. But now it's clear that Jon intends to move (again) to CC. Sigh. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggghhhhh. When I saw his post in this thread sucking up to CC, I couldn't help but wonder if he was literally a puppet - or some sort of robot or something. Who says that?

When I purchased the above VPS, it cost $20/year. The offer included a free year and 4 extra IPs for the first 25 customers. I knew it was too good to be true: $10/year for 512MB, 6 IPs, 10GB disk, 20TB BW, and IPv6. Yet it stayed for almost 6 months. Up until I saw this thread, I thought there was hope. Surely he wasn't going to move to CC all the way - not when the offer was NO CC! No. No.

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Don't they have their own forum for this stuff?

Honestly, how long has GVH_Alex been around? If it's a short period of time then he should work

on vetting his staff members more.

Given the fact Jon made that post it comes off as him being the one doing the parting ways, not

the other way around. I'm probably wrong, but it just seems odd to go making a thread about something

like that if everything was kosher.

Francisco

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Don't they have their own forum for this stuff?

Honestly, how long has GVH_Alex been around? If it's a short period of time then he should work

on vetting his staff members more.

Given the fact Jon made that post it comes off as him being the one doing the parting ways, not

the other way around. I'm probably wrong, but it just seems odd to go making a thread about something

like that if everything was kosher.

Francisco
When money is tight, you get rid of extra things. Now that GVH is CC now, they can use the same fake random aliases and support drones that access all the other CC brands.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
When money is tight, you get rid of extra things. Now that GVH is CC now, they can use the same fake random aliases and support drones that access all the other CC brands.
Well they already had non US staffers or did those go as well?

They went from 100% home grown on a farm Amuricans to proper speaking english workers but did they keep

them or go inhouse again?

Francisco

hellogoodbye

I'm genuinely sad to see him go. He lasted less than a month (on LET, at least) and he pretty much only ever offered canned "Sorry to hear that, please submit a ticket/PM me the ticket # and I will follow up!" responses to people who were having issues or were generally displeased with the service they were getting from GVH, but at least he was consistently professional about it. 

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen

I'll miss "GVH_Alex" because he won the award for best kiddiehost signature line title ever: "Alex - GreenValueHost International Relations Manager & Public Relations"

The rapid fire hiring and firing of "directors" and "vice presidents" is probably the most comical thing about GVH (even funnier than when Jon says "that info is classified") and is probably the #1 reason why it is impossible to take them seriously as a real company, and it is the reason why it is safe to assume that every "Vice President" and "director" they hire is some kid who would have trouble getting a job as an intern at a real company.  Their "Vice Presidents" and "Senior System Admins" who work part time and are paid hourly wages instead of salaries is another reason why it's impossible to take GVH seriously as a company.

It's pretty obvious that Jon is pretty clueless about the length of time it takes to find a qualified upper management level candidate in the real world, and  that he is clueless about real world salaries.  The $500K revenues he claims wouldn't even.come close to paying the salaries, benefits, payroll taxes, etc of the staff members he claims to have hired (and let's not forget the cost of the severance pay packages for all of those fired VPs and directors).

tl;dr ROTFL...again

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
My name is Deepak, Rohit, Amit, Kumar

Yes all of our support are native English speakers.

Thank you,

Curryman

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Pure comedy gold, all of it.
The comedy keeps coming.

Posted earlier tonight on the Virtovo closing thread on LET:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/29527/virtovo-announcement#latest

GreenValueHost Member
12:47AM FlagThanks

We actually have plans to offer KVM in Miami with QuadraNet after moving LA & Dallas back to CC so I'd genuinely be interested in kick starting that product line with an acquisition.

@Virtovo PM me please if you'd be interested in selling out to us.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Not going to happen.  It's best we take a loss and our clients choose their own provider rather than being forced onto GVH.
Jesus popsicles on a stick, just in time for summer.

Thank the heavens for Virtovo in bad business times sticking to integrity and saying things how they are.

What business person would hand their customers and their details over to a child / minor operated puppet controlled by ColoCrossing (as per the recent change of space ultra special lube, I mean deals)?  God damn kids.

A few months ago it was GVH poking Patrick/Iniz in the eye over Amsterdam.  Now it's shaking AnthonySmith's cage in Miami (or trying to).  Unsure what the sickness at GVH / CC is.   But I hope both Patrick and AnthonySmith find their meat chewing teeth and bite off a piece of GVH's pocketbook.

Mock-scandal as your brand, meh, that shit floats on LET aka "we don't care about anything other than cheapest price".  Maybe you get some uptick generally on say WHT with such crap, until non weekend sobriety kicks in and they find the ban hammer in the shed.

I know GVH shit around here is about to start getting smacked down (aka censored / banned / etc.) and usually I don't agree with such, but honestly, this is destructive non-caring wreckless capitalism at its worst on display with GVH.  The narrative of bullshit, here, isn't going to be spun by some kid, or his handlers.

amuck-landowner