amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost becoming ColoCrossing, dumping providers, etc.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
1. Nobody outside of GVH has access to our systems

2. We do NOT have bandwidth overages with QuadraNet, and I have spoken with the billing manager at QuadraNet, Sergio, as well as the sales manager Dustin to work things out.

3. We've worked out a long term solution which is classified information
What's going on in AMS?

Francisco

Onra Host

Verified Provider
We have special arrangements that would would make your jaw drop, arrangements you'd likely never be able to obtain from anyone which explains how we're able to sell at the prices we do.
Dude, you're charging nearly 3x the price we charge for an E3-1240v3. We still profit on a fairly decent scale even with the price we charge on that dedi. That itself should give you a huge hint
I don't think you understood me Jon...I said "How do you expect to stay in business another year or two". 

And yes I do charge 3x the price for a E3 server, but I also own that e3 server unlike you.....

Oh and I give 3x the better network, 3x cleaner IP space, and 3x better support. So pretty much I have 3x the client satisfaction, 3x the client retention, and 3x the profits in the long run... hopefully you get my point now ;) 

GVH-Jon

Banned
Better network? No.

Better IP space? We (GVH) probably have 20 times the amount of clean IPs not in use than you do for all your IPs free and used.

Better support? For the price you OVERCHARGE by? Bite me.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Better IP space? We (GVH) probably have 20 times the amount of clean IPs not in use than you do for all your IPs free and used.
ARIN would love to hear about you getting scores of unused non-justifiable IP space from CC/Quadranet.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Better network? No.

Well...

CC doesn't have a lot of clean space left. They got a /17 listed just the other day and they're working hard on getting another /17 listed as well.

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL225915

It's quite possible you have some space in that very /17. They had 2 /15's listed and given the wording of the above link (read the emails included), spamhaus is about to lay into them even more.

Francisco

Onra Host

Verified Provider
Better network? No.

Keywords: "not in use". Therefore you invalidate your point immediately, cause they haven't been used.... I just moved two customers from your servers to mine, both IP's being blacklisted and not because of them. 

OVERCHARGE? My prices are actually pretty low - normal when compared to other hosts who will be here in two years AND offer good support. I think you need to look around at some other ad's besides yours. I mean hell your current ad for VPS's you just posted? can you say OVERSELL at all?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Would a jihadi bomb something for me... I need to go outside and milk a goat or chase butterflies...

OVERCHARGE?   bahaha...  destructive child fake capitalists are going to claim overcharging?  Da fuck?   Clearly if you (GVH) are bringing in that cool $500k a year you claimed, you would be overcharging.   I mean CC is like much larger than you and has 700k+ IPs and owns some stuff and... and.. and... they are only hoping to hit $12 million raw income a year from now after lots of theatrics.

Stop it yo'.

You realize support costs money, right?  Multi day waits for provisioning of the house specials, tickets that lag for hours (not 10 minutes like sales blowjob claims), etc. requires real staffing and that costs money.  You know that, so quit hating and get with the program.  You are Mr. Moneybags, quit being a cheap fuck and hire some damn support so I don't have to read the horror stories on WHT and LET on a multiple time per week basis.

Hate all you want,  tell me I f*cking suck.  Cause really, kiddie hosting is getting tiring.   If I held a ruler to your throat and measured the lies, the false claims, the sales distortions, there is enough to paper your ass into a corner and boot your head off.  Just because the web remains the Wild West and meat and reality policing hasn't shown their teeth, doesn't mean folks should get free reign to paint distorted pictures. 

I lost hope when you ran back to your daycare breastfeeding.  A company with integrity wouldn't have you back for the shit talking you did against them in past while trying to nickel and dime deals elsewhere, and playing your destructive greedy capitlist crap. 

Everything in balance Jonny, balance.  Even cussing, tossing tables, calling names, coming up with hair brained ahh ideas...

EDIT: I asked for a jihadi, not a web dork with their packet canon :)   CC-related thread with heat yields DDoS on vpsB, bahaha, color me NOT surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
given the wording of the above link (read the emails included), spamhaus is about to lay into them even more.
Spamhaus is now urging people to block all emails coming from ANY IP address allocated to ColoCrossing / Velocity Servers Inc.  tl;dr: all 730K IP addresses, including the ones the demigods give to GVH, are now effectively dirty until Spamhaus has a change of heart.

From the SBL listing:

Colocrossing/VelocityServer has been for many, many months a continuous and unstoppable source of spam for massive and well-known (often ROKSO) spam operations.

We strongly invite Spamhaus users to distrust any SMTP connection coming from this and any other network allocation controlled by this entity.

and from the letter Spamhaus sent to ColoCrossing:

We've been playing whack-a-mole with you for a long time now: it's simply not working nor there seem to be an interest to really solve the problem on your part.

As already announced way too many times we have no further interest in wasting our time playing this game: the amount of SBLs we've been opening for your networks is far beyond unacceptable (565 in the latest 6 months).

Our first concern is about our users and how your apparent lack of control over your network is harming their ability to properly keep their mailboxes clean; therefore I'm afraid we're going to advise our users to not accept email traffic coming from your networks until we see a serious indication that the problem is being taken care of.

hellogoodbye

Whether it was intentional or not, the distancing from CC only to go back to them after a few months almost sounds like a bait-and-switch tactic to me-- especially considering quite a few people signed up precisely because Jon kept stressing that most of their locations were no longer with CC. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
@DomainBop,  help me out.... This letter you posted from Spamhaus to CC, can you post the source or PM info....

Wonder the nature, audience, etc. of the interaction. 

I noticed this total quoted that was an issue:

"SBLs we've been opening for your networks is far beyond unacceptable (565 in the latest 6 months)"

Compare that to my recent collection totals:

Started on: 2014140311-1727

So we are 3 months and a week or two in this...

SBL Entries in Archive:  1074

Yeah 1074 SBL listings in 3 months....  Quite a big uptick from 565 in 6 months that Spamhaus was salting and peppering their words over.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
@DomainBop,  help me out.... This letter you posted from Spamhaus to CC, can you post the source or PM info....

Wonder the nature, audience, etc. of the interaction. 

I noticed this total quoted that was an issue:

"SBLs we've been opening for your networks is far beyond unacceptable (565 in the latest 6 months)"

Compare that to my recent collection totals:

Started on: 2014140311-1727

So we are 3 months and a week or two in this...

SBL Entries in Archive:  1074

Yeah 1074 SBL listings in 3 months....  Quite a big uptick from 565 in 6 months that Spamhaus was salting and peppering their words over.
http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL225915 (But there is already a thread for their spamming)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
From that link Manndude graciously just posted (thanks to you and your clear eyes on this):

However, many other ISPs, even those way larger than ColoCrossing, face the same abuse problem as ColoCrossing and they manage to keep it under control. The amount of resources assigned to spammers in their networks is orders of magnitude smaller than ColoCrossing's.

We've already notified how almost all the abusers signing up on your network are using fake IDs and how vetting/confirming these IDs can limit the problem. Nothing happened on this side, and abusers are still allowed to sign up providing fake names and addresses.
It's like Spamhaus has been reading my posts :)  Unsure where Spamhaus gleaned the fake ID info from... Is CC spinning BS stories that downstream customers are not able to be found?   "OH, some unknown fake user who lied to us/subsidiary/partner?"....

Seems like for every legitimate snag, CC has a uniform internal bullshit policy on how to smoke the matter while laughing and rolling in the cash.  Spamhaus is just an annoying pest to them, until Spamhaus smacks some more ranges and widens the net.

Now all we need is for the rest of folks tasked with policing powers on things to notice similar and related behavior, like those Iranian's on the network.

Hxxx

Is incredible how much lies you can see in one thread. So much hate. So much negative energy!

We all know the current problems with CC and all of that but you guys must admit, no other company related to CC or CC by itself get embarrassed or disliked in this way. Nor you see the owners of those respective companies doing the clown stuff we see in this thread. C'mon Jon, WTF? The problem is not your age... clearly.

amuck-landowner