amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost outsources customer support to India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamienSB

Verified Provider

Dylan

This is false. We do not bullshit people. What we sell is what we sell. We guarantee that you can use everything that we sell you. (CPU restriction is 80% burst as defined by our ToS). You can use all the disk space, all the bandwidth, and all of your guaranteed RAM. Again, we do not BS our customers.
Everything? Really? How exactly is only letting people burst to only 80% of their CPU allocation letting them use everything you sell them? You're not talking about simply limiting how long you can burst for like other providers do -- you're not letting people burst at all, which plain and simply means you're giving people "resources" they can never, ever use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to point out that it's actually a requirement to only hire us residences and can be illegal to hire anyone outside of the country or anyone who lacks the proper legal paperwork to work.

Please reference the following form from the IRS http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-9.pdf that is required for all new hires for any United States based company.
TL;DR some posts so sorry if I'm talking through my bee-hind.

I just saw this and since outsourcing is the topic, I wanted to note that outsourcing is different from normal hiring. The Indian company would be a service company and the webhost would be a purchaser of said services. You're not hiring the person that's working for you and you won't be withholding their taxes or paying the 50% employer share of FICA taxes for said worker. Or providing worker's comp or directly paying them anything. Hiring an offshore freelancer works the same way, as a contractor and not as an employee.

Unless, of course, you really want to hire the guy as an employee, at which point you'll have to go through some nasty hoops to make things work as the nation of immigrants doesn't really want immigrants any more.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
If our mass expansion and mass advertising efforts (Recent: WHT pinned thread!) haven't hinted it already, we have a large $$$$ reserve and we're not going to be going backrupt anytime soon no matter how large our BW overage bills are. And plus, we can always negotiate the overage bills too so it's not a problem.
This is damn near word for word the braggacio that Fabozzi would try to pull.  Claiming to be wealthy, high capital, when it was plain as day that he simply had a backer with a rich daddy (Biloh).

You haven't been around very long - and with the plans you sell, it's _VERY_ obvious that the only way you could have a capital reserve is to be in someone's pocket.  So congrats, with that one claim you pretty much just confirmed for everyone that you are just another CC shell.

bzImage

Well, there is a difference between bragging about imaginary dollars, and doing something productive with real ones :p
No. NO! you will NOT ruin monopoly for me. You already ruined my childhood with your e-comics do NOT take away my board games.

GVH-Jon

Banned
This is damn near word for word the braggacio that Fabozzi would try to pull.  Claiming to be wealthy, high capital, when it was plain as day that he simply had a backer with a rich daddy (Biloh).

You haven't been around very long - and with the plans you sell, it's _VERY_ obvious that the only way you could have a capital reserve is to be in someone's pocket.  So congrats, with that one claim you pretty much just confirmed for everyone that you are just another CC shell.
Or maybe it's because we're growing so fast because of all the publicity that we receive on a daily basis? Believe it or not all these threads about us are actually increasing the rate of sales that we receive.

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Or maybe it's because we're growing so fast because of all the publicity that we receive on a daily basis? Believe it or not all these threads about us are actually increasing the rate of sales that we receive.
Again that just sounds like a Fabozzism

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
lol

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
That line of BS may work on clients with no experience on the selling side of this industry, but trying to pass lies like that to people that actually know how the market works?  Just insulting.

If you were actually getting even a quarter of the numbers that you would need to account for the claims you make, no other provider would be making sales period.  Not to mention that you would be buying up cabs directly, not 'reselling' and 'having complicated relationships' with minor upstream players.

Dylan

Come on, guys, he did say maybe.

Just like maybe I'm Bill Gates.

GVH-Jon

Banned
Next he'll be spouting how small some provider is compared to them... @GVH-Jon why not belittle BuyVM's operation compared to yours like Chris did?  :popcorn: 
We're larger than what most people think that we are. When I say that we are one of LET's largest and most popular providers, I really do mean it. Our LET sales get a lot of purchases. Our last LET thread previous to the one active now had over 10K views within a week. I could very well belittle BuyVM however I choose not to. Why? Because I do have a strong respect for both Fran and Aldryic. For some reason though I feel like that same respect isn't returned (possibly because of their past dealings with ColoCrossing?) I don't understand what they want me to do to convince them that we aren't owned by CC.

hellogoodbye

For what it's worth, GVH was one of the providers I had originally shortlisted for a new VPS once I feel like I've familiarized myself enough with managing a VPS on my own, mostly because your deals seemed like total bargains and I don't feel invested enough to spend very much just yet. Once I lurked around and learned more, though, "these threads" you mentioned (both here and on LET) seriously made me rethink otherwise. I don't understand most of the terms being tossed around here, nor do I even have a clue about the past events that was mentioned by many other members here, so I'm not judging you based on past history or anything like that. What I do know, though, is that your plans (especially the latest LET exclusive) do seem quite unrealistic and you tend to evade or deflect certain questions and focus on reasserting the same things over and over again, even if they're irrelevant to the discussion at hand. I appreciate that you have kept a professional tone throughout all this, but the aforementioned points do not instill trust or confidence in me as a potential customer. You sound overconfident and, if I may be blunt, like you're hiding something. I could very well be wrong on this, but that's the impression I'm getting from you.

And for the record, I still don't understand why you would advertise a specific amount of CPU in your ads, only to assert in your ToS that clients can only use up to 80% of it. What's the point of advertising that extra 20% then? It's misleading to say the least, and even if it's a slight improvement from the original 50% that many people pointed out, it's still ridiculous that you would impose such a limit to begin with. If you only want people to use 80% at the most, that's entirely your decision to make, but please change your ads accordingly to reflect the correct CPU allocation.

Just my two cents as a complete newbie end user to this whole hosting business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner