amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost tells their non high paying clients to GTFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadar

Verified Provider
So I have received no prior notice, no offer for a refund for paid services, no chance to tell them I don't want my personal information given to another company...

I don't feel much like a "Valued Customer" Also love the fact that I now have to update multiple customers nameservers because of them selling/sending me to another company.

Valued Customers,

It is with great regret and remorse that I am sending you this email today to inform you that your services will no longer be continued with GreenValueHost. We have decided that we are going to be moving forward as a cloud web hosting provider and to maintain stability in our infrastructure and do what is best for our clients, we will no longer be servicing clients on srv1 and srv2. Starting today, all existing clients on srv1 and srv2 will be migrated over to a brand new server with one of our partner hosting companies, Hudson Valley Host.

You will be able to continue your existing hosting plan there with absolutely no price changes, and will still be eligible for industry leading 24/7 technical support. All client data of clients on srv1 and srv2 have been transferred over to Hudson Valley Host's client database, and you can log in with your GreenValueHost client area credentials in their client area: https://billing.hudsonvalleyhost.com/clientarea.php The migration to Hudson Valley Host servers from srv1 and srv2 has already begun and the new nameservers will be:

ns15.allsitecontrol.com
ns16.allsitecontrol.com

As the migration has not yet been completed, please hold off on making any changes to your data until you receive another email from us, notifying you that everything is all set (Once the migration has been successfully completed)

From the point in which you receive this email, all technical support inquires for srv1 and srv2 must be submitted to Hudson Valley Host. Your existing account with us will remain in "Active" status, however all of your services that are hosted on srv1 and srv2 will appear as "Cancelled" although will be "Active" in your Hudson Valley Host client area.

We the team at GreenValueHost would very much like to thank you sincerely for your time here as a client of GreenValueHost, and we wish you the very best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

Cordially Yours,

[SIZE=small]The GreenValueHost Team[/SIZE]

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Were you a VPS or cpanel hosting customer?

I'm curious which side of the company they sold.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Another ColoCrossing host with issues.  This time GreenValueHost is bailing out of VPS offers, instead pursuing "cloud" offers instead.  

Unsure why everyone wants to jump on the storm front and ride the storm.  If you couldn't handle OpenVZ and the low barriers to entry, I fail how to see the cloud will be even approachable (i.e. complexity, many more servers, expensive storage, real switching fabric, etc.)

Valued Customers,

It is with great regret and remorse that I am sending you this email today to inform you that your services will no longer be continued with GreenValueHost. We have decided that we are going to be moving forward as a cloud web hosting provider and to maintain stability in our infrastructure and do what is best for our clients, we will no longer be servicing clients on srv1 and srv2. Starting today, all existing clients on srv1 and srv2 will be migrated over to a brand new server with one of our partner hosting companies, Hudson Valley Host.

You will be able to continue your existing hosting plan there with absolutely no price changes, and will still be eligible for industry leading 24/7 technical support. All client data of clients on srv1 and srv2 have been transferred over to Hudson Valley Host's client database, and you can log in with your GreenValueHost client area credentials in their client area: https://billing.hudsonvalleyhost.com/clientarea.php The migration to Hudson Valley Host servers from srv1 and srv2 has already begun and the new nameservers will be:

ns15.allsitecontrol.com ns16.allsitecontrol.com

As the migration has not yet been completed, please hold off on making any changes to your data until you receive another email from us, notifying you that everything is all set (Once the migration has been successfully completed)

From the point in which you receive this email, all technical support inquires for srv1 and srv2 must be submitted to Hudson Valley Host. Your existing account with us will remain in "Active" status, however all of your services that are hosted on srv1 and srv2 will appear as "Cancelled" although will be "Active" in your Hudson Valley Host client area.

We the team at GreenValueHost would very much like to thank you sincerely for your time here as a client of GreenValueHost, and we wish you the very best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

Cordially Yours,

The GreenValueHost Team"

Last edited by a moderator:

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Another company not wanting to continue. So far, I bought out 2 others that didn't want to stick with their sites.. Oh well. I think we'll all pick up customers that are tired of getting "shafted" by their current host...

fizzyjoe908

Verified Provider
This sounds more like they sold the cPanel part of the company - that isn't really clear.

Nevertheless, "cloud" is a subjective term or generalization. It essentially is a VPS with network storage and I don't really see that as being a significant change to quantify reasoning for selling whichever part was handed off.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
GVH only had two servers?

Didn't they rent these from HVH? Did we ever learn what the 'financial relationship' was between HVH and CC, since if you pay your HVH bill with a credit card, CC shows up on your statement?

Anyhow, hopefully it works out better for the end-users. Judging by previous threads on WHT, GVH was having some trouble keeping customers happy. Since HVH and CC are close, they should have no problem supporting the new clients.

Mergers are never fun for anyone involved, so all past history and whatnot aside, I do wish everyone good luck.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Wowzers...  Thanks for the merge.

I know for a fact that GVH's shared hosting on those two servers was laughably high on abuse.  Load sustained was like 11.xx+ earlier this week when chatting with a customer.

Still waiting I guess for HVH/CC to gobble up the VPS offerings.  I mean 200GB + 4GB of RAM + 5GB burst + 300Mbps port unmetered for $5 isn't going to end well.

200GB SSD Cached/Accelerated RAID-10 Disk Space
Unmetered Bandwidth (300mbps Port)
4096MB Guaranteed RAM
5120MB Burstable RAM
1 IPv4 Address (Additional IPs are available for cheap in bulk w/ justification, just ask!)
$5 / month.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Well, Kadar, if it makes you feel better your information is not going to a new company.  Green Valley and Hudson Valley are both part of ColoCrossing, despite their claims otherwise.  You're not being 'sold to a new company' so much as just shifted around internally.

yolo

Well, Kadar, if it makes you feel better your information is not going to a new company.  Green Valley and Hudson Valley are both part of ColoCrossing, despite their claims otherwise.  You're not being 'sold to a new company' so much as just shifted around internally.
I am not so sure about that, i've seen GVH-Jon in IRC and he is rather dumb. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
SRV1 load before being transferred away - Load Averages: 15.30 22.54 23.80
Nice load baby.  Poop load.  Wonder what sort of hardware that's running on?  :)

Green Valley and Hudson Valley are both part of ColoCrossing, despite their claims otherwise.  You're not being 'sold to a new company' so much as just shifted around internally.
No doubt.  That was made crystal clear when CC processed invoices/payments for HVH. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am not so sure about that, i've seen GVH-Jon in IRC and he is rather dumb. 
He'll make an excellent "staff" addition to HVH.  They are known to have staff that is hacker centric and probably 17 years of age on average.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
So only the cpanel's were sold and not VPS's?

Just confirming. I know I saw them pushing the cloud stuff pretty hard so it's possible the other cpanel's are really legacy.

Francisco

Kadar

Verified Provider
From a WHT thread with a response by GVH-Jon on 11/11/2013 - "A solution is being worked on to resolve issues on srv2. We're planning on upgrading the hardware soon"

I never knew that upgrading hardware was giving customers to another company?

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Nevertheless, "cloud" is a subjective term or generalization. It essentially is a VPS with network storage and I don't really see that as being a significant change to quantify reasoning for selling whichever part was handed off.
Despite the multitude of clowns on WHT who advertise VPS's as "clouds" in the cloud offers section,  cloud essentially is not just "a VPS with network storage" and there are objective standards in place already to define what constitutes "a cloud"

cloud definition on page 5: http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-145/SP800-145.pdf

some further reading: http://cloudcomputing.ieee.org/standards

questions to ask a potential IaaS cloud provider before signing up to their service: spreadsheet .xslx format

I mean 200GB + 4GB of RAM + 5GB burst + 300Mbps port unmetered for $5 isn't going to end well.

Offering 4GB RAM plans on an E3 with only 32GB isn't going to end well regardless of price (I asked, those plans were on E3's).

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Someone poked me in the arm about this company last week.   It was a past tense story- oh months back.  GVH was racking up invoices, non pay.  Then burst of data activity and over to new place/location.   Even after departing and arrears GVH supposedly did chargebacks.

I don't have documents/billing captures to support that, but it wasn't done to MORE THAN one company and added up to something worthy of a federal felony for fraud in the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner