amuck-landowner

Introduction thread

Neo

Hi,

My name is Neo and im also known as the guy with 30 leb boxes, i am 20 Years old and come from Germany.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodHosting

Hello there VPSBoard,

This is Damon of Albino Geek Services Ltd.  I'm a young entrepreneur trying to gain experience in the hosting industry while learning basic business skills and fine-tuning around my experiences.  I have taken business courses at Kwantlen Polytechnic University and am close to finishing my CISY certificate, leading into a Bachelor of Technology down the road.

I've been off to a bit of a bad start community-wise when I acquired HardCloud, which came onto a lot of recent scrutiny when the previous owner went mad all of LowEndTalk (not in my control really, even after you change your email and password there, people with active sessions can keep posting / stay logged in, this "feature" has still not been fixed.)

Hopefully people can look over that previous unfortunate series of events and look forward to what we'd like to bring to the community!

Happy to finally come aboard!

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
Albino Geek Services, hm, interesting name. Welcome Damon.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Jonathan

Woohoo
Verified Provider
I'm Jonathan Wright, Director of Managed Services for KnownHost.  I've been in the hosting industry for quite some time and am a relatively active member at WHT.

I hope to make this my 2nd home :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Welcome to all the new members and apparent WHT dual-citizens. Happy to have y'all here.

iWF-Jacob

Verified Provider
Hi all, my name is Jacob and I work for iWF Hosting / H4Y Technologies LLC. Decided to sign up for this board today after seeing the increasing popularity of it.

Looking good so far, looks like a decent chunk of familiar faces as well as some new ones!

hellogoodbye

Didn't realize there's an intro thread! Guess I'll toss my name in here too. My name is Amy, and I have very little experience with tech in general other than some self-taught html/css back when static html sites were all the rage. My background/passion has always been healthcare, though I'm currently unemployed and looking for that elusive first job as a fresh graduate. 

I originally wanted to get myself a VPS to start up a little website or use it for file storage, but then I grew interested in learning my way around the backend with SSH and installing my own scripts etc. I stumbled across WHT first because that forum kept popping up in my searches for a good host - I've had previous experiences with shared hosting that I later found out were EIG companies and definitely explained the shitty times I had with them - and it was through there that I started learning more about other types of hosting and what might be good for me. Managed VPS plans sounded like a great choice but the price tag was just too prohibitive when I know I won't really be doing much with it-- or rather, I don't even know what I want to do with it quite yet. I also kept reading warnings about how newbies should stay away from getting unmanaged VPSes, but at the same time the cost was so much lower in comparison. So I figured, what the hell; I'll take the plunge off the deep end and hope for the best.

At the same time, I'm the type that likes to research and learn more about things so I started lurking around WHT more, reading a lot of the threads and just familiarizing myself with this new environment, learning the alien jargon, taking note of familiar names and who to steer clear from. It was through there (probably from a VPS rec thread or a negative review thread) that I found out about LEB and signed up for my first VPS, and somewhere around that same time I learned about VPSBoard and started following this place too.

TL;DR: I know next to nothing about tech, came for the cheap VPS deals, stayed for the learning (...and drama). :)

xCubex

I am like a few others, have been active on alot of forums, registered on here a while back, but now i am becoming an active member :)

Kokaku Kidotai

Kon'nichiwa!

My nick is Kokaku Kidotai (feel free to call me by my name Nevil) and I'm the 3rd administrator at FreeVPS.us. If you can call it work I admit that I work for FreeVPS.us. Some may know me from the past or from your IRC channel where I am 24x7.

Heads up to moke you :p

AMDbuilder

Verified Provider
Hello, my name is Patrick and i'm a hosting addict.

I've worked with computers for a number of years, and quite a few hosting companies.  I'm the driving force behind SkyToaster, and a general sponge when it comes to learning more.

I look forward becoming a part of the community and learning more.

sean

1 year old today and all I've done so far is sit on the IRC channel that entire time. I've finally registered :)

HostHoarders-Mike

Hi,

I'm Michael (You can call me Mike.) I've been a member of the VPS community for some time and I finally decided to register on these forums! Some of you may already know me but hopefully I get to know a lot more of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner