amuck-landowner

ColoCrossing & Hudson Valley Host are dishonest, unethical, and partake in illegal activities

Status
Not open for further replies.

love4cars4234

Hello vpsboard! I have been told at least by 3 people to join this forum so thought I would make my 1st post here. Before I go on, I am sorry if you have already seen my threads in other places. That is why I wasn't even going to start this post as I am sure some of you guys are tired of reading about it by now. However, I have been told that LET belongs to ColoCrossing hence my thread could be closed or removed at any given time by Jon. And supposedly, complaint threads regarding Hudson Valley Host and ColoCrossing on webhostingtalk forum also dissappear "mysteriously". 

So thought I would leave trace here with my situation so if those 2 threads do get removed or closed down, hopefully future potential customers would see this and decide if they want to go with them or not.

In short, I would like to summarize as short as possible (although what they've done to me over course of 3 weeks is endless):

1) I ordered & paid for 2 dedicated servers on 1/3/2014 to Ernie from Hudson Valley Host (HVH). He promised me they would be delivered within 1 week. End result? Ernie delivers the 1st server after 2 weeks with wrong configuration in which he failed to fix, quite often blaming on his "upstream" aka ColoCrossing. Started to ask for refund, Ernie said okay. Then later started to claim he never promised for such and began ignoring me. Out of no where, Mike from ColoCrossing contacts me treating me like a piece of meat.

2) 2nd server was delivered after 3 weeks of me paying the invoice. This was a surprsie for me as Ernie already knew I didn't want this server any longer due to delayed wait time.

3) After posting threads on forums, Jon from ColoCrossing offers me 1 month for free ... then 2 months for free. I declined asking for a refund. After doing so, he posts on LET that he questions my "legitimacy" because I did not act as a freebie loader.

3) Ernie has called me names such as "fraud" after me asking for a refund numerous times on skype. Not only that, Jon decided to attack me personally by stating lies about me on LET. So I uploaded bunch of screenshots on that forum to ensure people that I am not a liar that Jon is trying to make me out to be. I have no idea why Jon is doing this, as he has same access to the ticketing system on HVH as me. He sees the same things I see. This baffles me.

4) Illegal activities partake between HVH & CC - I have purchased and paid for HVH dedicated servers. I ONLY agreed to be HVH's customer through Ernie. However, as I opened up threads, people have pointed out that I have paid to ColoCrossing. Honestly, I am new to these companies so I thought ColoCrossing was just another business name for HVH.

Anyways, the point is - I found out later that HVH has been exchanging my personal information such as my name, address, credit card information with CC without my consent. I am pretty pissed about this, these are sensitive information. Neither on HVH or CC's TOS explain any of this information. Not only that, HVH's address or owner's name is no where to be seen on the website itself.

Okay I am done for now. Getting longer than intentioned once again. I hope you can understand there's no way I can cut this story short, as I need to explain what exactly they have done to make sure I am not being 1 sided here. Anyways, I will be back later. Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well welcome to the CC haters club of Freetopia.   I am your resident helpful guide.

I have been told that LET belongs to ColoCrossing
Yeppers some of the people around here outed that ownership after months of them denying their underhanded acquisition of what was a community and not-for-profit.  Now it's purely for profit.

complaint threads regarding Hudson Valley Host
Hudson Valley Host is some special bastardized investment arrangement between Ernie (HVH) and Biloh (ColoCrossing).

Next, what is the status of your refund?  They want to just give you months of service you don't want right?

Do you have possession of your server currently?

vRozenSch00n

When HVH is still with TurnKeyInternet their service was good.

In February 2012 they move my VPS to Dallas and in December 2012 they move my VPS to Buffalo (ColoCrossing), in June 2013 I canceled my VPS as the performance degraded significantly.

As an end user, I just see that HVH as a small business struggled hard to keep their existence in this industry, but several months ago I heard rumors that HVH has been sold to ColoCrossing, but AFAIK there is no official news about it.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
More CC hate? Great.

M0WrNt2.png
Who bought what?   Damn those E3's sell for little.  You are a master negotiator!

I read that multiple times and I swear it said Venus Williams.   That's who wears the Darth Vader mask there at CC.  Bahahaha!  A tennis fencing racket.

love4cars4234

Hello guys, thanks for stopping by and supporting this thread. Other than finding out LET has set my thread to "sink", I just found out my thread on WebHostingTalk forum has been "featured". I don't really know what this means, as I am new to the forums. But if you want, you can check it on that forum to support me and keep my thread alive as I believe most of the newbie users (like myself) check the reviews of hosting companies 1st thing on WebHostingTalk.

[FEATURED] Ernie from Hudson Valley Host - where is my REFUND

I am hoping WebHostingTalk is NOT controlled by ColoCrossing like LET. So seeing that "featured" mark next to my thread gives me hope that some forums are not corruputed as much as LET.

Side note - ColoCrossing doesn't even have TOS up on their homepage. After struggling to find it, I had to googlel for it which was sad. See below:

http://www.colocrossing.com/download...TOS.pdf‎

An error occurred Page not found

I heard a lot of people from this forum have gone through a lot of crap with ColoCrossing as well and I am sorry to hear that. I am kind of bothered with 1 thing though, why aren't there many threads to speak up against ColoCrossing? I mean, sure, I'm sure CC has removed tons of threads or whatever....but even so, I feel like there's not enough threads going around the internet regarding situations like mine. So were those customers too lazy or too scared to do what I did? Just curious.

Thank you.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
LET has set my thread to "sink", I just found out my thread on WebHostingTalk forum has been "featured".I am hoping WebHostingTalk is NOT controlled by ColoCrossing like LET. So seeing that "featured" mark next to my thread gives me hope that some forums are not corruputed as much as LET.
Well, LET is sinking, along with your thread.   They do that to tons of things that are unflattering and make them look like the man boobs they too often are.

WHT is not affiliated with CC.   Getting featured means there is interest in your thread and ideally now more people read about it.

Side note - ColoCrossing doesn't even have TOS up on their homepage. After struggling to find it, I had to googlel for it which was sad. See below:
Surprised CC's site is even up.  It has been down more than a crackhead in a bread aisle leafing through crumbs on the floor.  It has been down since last night and still down for me.

In fairness they did hire some pro to redesign their site a few months back... Creatives on the visuals tend to overlook words and pesky legal docs.

CC should know better though / have managed the launch better if such is absent.  

I routinely make fun of providers for retardation on policies and such docs.  Lacking such is extra tard-mode enhancement, like down downs.

I heard a lot of people from this forum have gone through a lot of crap with ColoCrossing as well and I am sorry to hear that. I am kind of bothered with 1 thing though, why aren't there many threads to speak up against ColoCrossing? I mean, sure, I'm sure CC has removed tons of threads or whatever....but even so, I feel like there's not enough threads going around the internet regarding situations like mine. So were those customers too lazy or too scared to do what I did? Just curious.
Just put colocrossing then try CVPS  then try UGVPS then try HVH in the search box up top.   Heaps of stuff.   Lots of it on LET also.

love4cars4234

Hi guys,

A kind moderator from WebHostingTalk forum has changed my title to below:

[FEATURED] ColoCrossing/Hudson Valley Host - where is my REFUND?

@drmike - As you can see I joined LET only few days ago. I do see how corrupt that place is, so why are there so many users still on there? How come they don't use this forum only for instsance? Or they simpley don't care enough?

Someone suggested me to open a brand new thread on LET as they marked mine as to "sink" however I don't think I want to do that. What will that accomplish, CC will just make it go "sink" again. Or should I?

Ah I see how there are some bad reviews on them after doing what you told me to do. However, new customers/newbies like me, would search for ColoCrossing or Hudson Valley Host instead of shortening terms such as CC or HVH. I think it is important that when people put out complaints against them, to spell the company's names out in full. Better for the search engine too.

hellogoodbye

I just managed to download the TOS from the direct link (the site has been very hit or miss with me too, it only started loading fine literally a couple of minutes ago) and uploaded here in case anyone wants a copy or just to read through it. I'm no expert when it comes to legalese so I'll leave it to other experienced users here to dissect the terms that were listed. 

ColoCrossing-TOS.pdf

Attachments

• ColoCrossing-TOS.pdf
    159.7 KB · Views: 6

love4cars4234

Ernie claims he has refunded me in full.

I have NOT received the refund at all. I have much more to say but I know they are currently feeling pressure from some places such as New York BBB, my thread getting featured in WebhostingTalk forum etc etc. I'll update once I talk to my bank. Thank you guys for your encouraging kind words!!!!

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Yup, sure am.  I see you're still just as predictable as always - when backed into a corner by logic and having no sensible reply, you still jump right into pathetic attempts at personal insult for defence :p

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
LOL.

They sunk his thread and changed his title.

LET is a fucking shithole of a forum. Don't piss off big papa Jon who feeds the sketchy little 'independent' hosts.

love4cars4234

Are you still sporting the XXXL?
Immature as hell & pathetic attempt to insult someone who has done nothing wrong to you. My thread is not for suckers like you so enjoy your stay while your company's reputation is getting ruined. LOL

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Immature as hell & pathetic attempt to insult someone who has done nothing wrong to you. My thread is not for suckers like you so enjoy your stay while your company's reputation is getting ruined. LOL
To be fair, I've done plenty to him.  Such as calling him out on his bullshit when he gets those delusions of grandeur and tries to act all high and mighty :3  The thing is, he damn near never can back his talk, so he ends up having to resort to insult tactics.

It's been an ongoing thing for quite some time.  Shame, too, he used to be a pretty nice guy until his ego overran his decency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner