amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost outsources customer support to India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GVH-Jon

Banned
Business executive/COO (who will "always be independent") or streetwalker (on a short leash) cowering in fear of her pimp?
More like being careful with my words so people like yourself won't twist them into something ridiculous and use it as a weapon against CC.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Can you explain "The hosting industry's EXCLUSIVE more bang for your buck provider!"

What makes you think you are exclusive in a non-exclusive arena?

tmzVPS-Daniel

Verified Provider
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1342873

Hello,

I had signed up with GreenValueHost (greenvaluehost.com) last year in November when GreenValueHost was having one of their "ridiculous" sales (70% off for life) for the VPS. I signed up for their "Virtual Private Servers - V-Advanced" package. Since then however I have had nothing but problems with this host.

To start, when I signed up they assigned me either the wrong IP address or did not properly setup my server because the details they provided me when I signed did not work. So the first thing I had to do was contact them via their ticket support system, this however was fairly quick and was resolved in around an hour from me making the ticket.

After that things seemed to be going smoothly, until a month later. Since December my VPS has been having any of the following issues:
- I cannot access the server (network problems)
- The server gets forcefully rebooted without my knowledge at odd hours of the day
- The server becomes extremely slow and I tend to get kicked off my SSH 
session.

Every time I contact support regarding these issues they say it's flagged for "level 2 administrators", who eventually simply respond with "this issue has been resolved now" with no explanation as to the cause or if it is a permanent fix.

At one point it took them 10 hours to respond to a ticket regarding my VPS being offline and inaccessible. During these periods, even their "SolusVM" control panel becomes inaccessible, so I cannot even go to force reboot the server from the control panel.

Today, again, in case you are wondering, my server again has been forcefully rebooted and I keep getting disconnected from the SSH sessions - and I am still waiting on a reply from support.

This was it for me, I cannot handle such poor quality of service. I don't need 99.9999% up time but I certainly cannot handle downtime every other day day and forceful random reboots. I got foolishly attracted to them with their extremely cheap deals but ended up thoroughly frustrated, annoyed and dissatisfied.

STAY AWAY from these guys. Their cheap deals are exactly that, cheap - cheap in quality that does not justify any price. 

Thank You

Do you guys think that they have some type of a monitoring software that would reboot the VPS if its starts using more resources than they want it to use to keep the nodes stable? 

- Daniel :)

Last edited by a moderator:

hellogoodbye

^--- BipBOPPED!

I find the LET thread about GVH ahh very strange.  

On one hand I am cool with GVH-Jon being so helpful.  On the other I hear that Darth Vader voice in the background of the screen sharing  app.  Is that the creature at CC talking?  I kid.

Seems odd and very weird (We are nothing more than their customer).

Day GVH pulls plug at CC is day they are clean, or almost.  Until then you are on the watch list.

SERIOUS NOTE... Someone going to do something in Buffalo about uptime?  Network is mighty bad.  I was looking at Statuscake public reports and wow....  That's with 5 minute checks only.
Being helpful is always great and appreciated, I think, but the insistence on keeping that exchange behind closed doors (ie. via PMs) really throws me off. If it's just troubleshooting general network issues that aren't confidential in nature I honestly don't see why it has to be kept to PMs. If it was done publicly others can see what is being said and contribute with their own expertise on the matter, whether agreeing or disagreeing with what could possibly be the issue and how it can be resolved. And people who might be having similar problems can also read and learn from the thread.

Not to mention there are so many issues with GVH networks (esp in Buffalo from what I've been seeing). Why not focus on fixing that and helping GVH's own clients rather than going around helping others with issues that are supposed to be unrelated to his own company? It's an unusual but kind gesture for Jon to help out HVH, I agree; I just don't understand why he's doing that when he already has more than enough on his own plate to deal with.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Yeah, it's called unabashed overselling. Has the added benefit of also rebooting all other VPSes on that node to be safe.
A combination of unabashed overselling and technical incompetence.  GVH is a prime example of a host that could not exist if Solus,  CPanel and other hand holding automated tools hadn't been invented.

Not to mention there are so many issues with GVH networks (esp in Buffalo from what I've been seeing). Why not focus on fixing that

Neither GVH nor their "upstream" HudsonValleyHost own their own IP space or network so there is nothing Jon could fix even if he knew how.  The networking problem is entirely due to ColoCrossing trying to save a few bucks by hiring ex-Ringling Brothers circus clowns to run its networking department.

he already has more than enough on his own plate to deal with

...like setting the rDNS on his mailserver maybe?

http://intodns.com/greenvaluehost.com

ERROR: No reverse DNS (PTR) entries. The problem MX records are:

218.93.184.192.in-addr.arpa -> no reverse (PTR) detected

You should contact your ISP and ask him to add a PTR record for your ips

Buffalo tradition, both nameservers on the same physical server, and that same server also hosts their WHMCS (and naturally it's a CPanel server).

dns303.greenvaluehost.com.   ['192.184.93.217']   [TTL=172800]

dns304.greenvaluehost.com.   ['192.184.93.218']   [TTL=172800]

SkylarM

Verified Provider
We could go for that too. I written a mass expansion plan detailing absolutely everything that's projected to value our company at $1M + by 2017.
I just located Jon's classified information as to how he got to a 1M+ evaluation! Mass expansion plan located! Thanks Snowden!

ZDCZYGa.png

GVH-Jon

Banned
A combination of unabashed overselling and technical incompetence.  GVH is a prime example of a host that could not exist if Solus,  CPanel and other hand holding automated tools hadn't been invented.

Neither GVH nor their "upstream" HudsonValleyHost own their own IP space or network so there is nothing Jon could fix even if he knew how.  The networking problem is entirely due to ColoCrossing trying to save a few bucks by hiring ex-Ringling Brothers circus clowns to run its networking department.

...like setting the rDNS on his mailserver maybe?

http://intodns.com/greenvaluehost.com

Buffalo tradition, both nameservers on the same physical server, and that same server also hosts their WHMCS (and naturally it's a CPanel server).
We send out mail with Mandrill.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
GVH is a completely separate entity from CC and HVH and we'll always be independent.
Kid, you seem to be way in over your head, and since I'm guessing you don't have some exit plan I suggest you make one that will make things less painful for you, your customers, and the friend who's name you started the business in.

If you were rushing to the sunk-cost fallacy at only "hundreds of dollars" invested, this thing is gonna spiral out of control when you fall way short of your million dollar valuation projections

Kadar

Verified Provider
Time for another one of these...
 So 6 days ago I recieved this email from GreenValueHost:

Greetings Valued Clients,
 GreenValueHost is pleased to inform you that the recent issues that have been occurring with our srv3 hosting server have been resolved. The server load has been brought down significantly (Current average load is now less than 3), additional memory has been added, additional CPU has been added, exim mailing IP address/main IP address has been changed to a clean IP, and mySQL is currently in progress of being optimized for maximum performance.
We have tasked our most skilled administrators to closely monitor our srv3 hosting server and ensure that the issues that you have been facing over the past few weeks will never happen again. GreenValueHost is devoted to providing our clients with a quality hosting experience and is always striving to improve day by day and we will take into deep consideration any comments, suggestions, and constructive cricticism that our clients may have.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact us by submitting a ticket with your registered GreenValueHost client area account and we'll always be here to assist.
Kind Regards,
The GreenValueHost Team
Since then I have had nothing but problems, the CPU load is still high, I had to figure out the mail server IP on my own to update my SPF records, and worst of all, is the downtime.
Uptime Report has been blowing up my phone with text messages the past week and its been pure madness, following are images of 1, 7 and 30 day reports from my dashboard.
PYggc.jpg

v5iUS.jpg

xXjRy.jpg

As you can see in the images since I recieved the email I have had a downtime of 6 hours and 29 minutes, well below the following quote from their website :

Service Level Agreement (SLA)
GreenValueHost agrees to maintain a service level agreement network uptime of 100%. If the server uptime ever falls below this, customers may request compensation for the downtime. In the case that the server was unavailable due to DDoS attacks, it does not count towards the Service Level Agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner