amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost tells their non high paying clients to GTFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

GVH-Jon

Banned
It wasn't a decision that was made quickly. We've been considering it for weeks before we actually executed the customer. - FIXED
That would be your personal opinion, Rogan, and thank you for expressing your thought. It's more than appreciated and taken into consideration. You have a right to exercise your right of free speech, who am I but only a single ordinary person to stop you. :)

TSS - Conor

Verified Provider
Moved to HudsonValleyHost. Goodluck clients; we'll need it!

• Oversold node.
  • Staff who don't have a clue and are poorly trained.
  • Staff who don't have the access they need; relying on a boss who is never around.
  • Poor network providers.
The list goes on.

GreenValueHost has made a mistake here. Why get rid of clients who did nothing wrong. Surely they could have structured their new approach and kept their clients.

GVH-Jon

Banned
Moved to HudsonValleyHost. Goodluck clients; we'll need it!

• Oversold node.
  • Staff who don't have a clue and are poorly trained.
  • Staff who don't have the access they need; relying on a boss who is never around.
  • Poor network providers.
The list goes on.

GreenValueHost has made a mistake here. Why get rid of clients who did nothing wrong. Surely they could have structured their new approach and kept their clients.
I explained everything in my previous posts. Please read them before attempting to make any criticism.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
We included as much useful information as possible (including the nameservers of the server in which accounts were being migrated to) that we were provided. We didn't leave any information out that we knew of, and I am 100% sure of that.

Anything further has to be addressed to Hudson Valley Host unfortunately as that's as far as I am able to be of assistance :unsure:
Jon, fine.   You say you did and I am not going to challenge that.  

Here's the deal pal, if you gave a crap about your customers, you would have "upgraded" them to your new "cloud" alternative that has replaced the cPanel.    You would have sucked up any price issue and honored your contract/agreement.

I've bought all sorts of products cheap to expensive.  Sometimes things break, didn't work right, etc.   I've had products replaced while under warranty period with more expensive products at the loss to the manufacturer.   That's what real businesses do, those that are legitimate and those that actually care about / want customers.   I don't expect you to get that point since you are still wet behind the ears.  Remember that I mentioned it.

The failure here is in basic math and playing with the exploitation factor.  How many imaginary oversell ratios you can have before being caught holding people's valuables but with an empty vault.   Yeah I expect oversell, but it should be illegal.  Any company using term unlimited should be fined massively.   Any company caught mass overselling should face consequences.

Funny little thing I thought of earlier... I wonder how many companies here, your company included, are bondable?  I am betting not many.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Here's the deal pal, if you gave a crap about your customers, you would have "upgraded" them to your new "cloud" alternative that has replaced the cPanel. You would have sucked up any price issue and honored your contract/agreement.
Even if it ment that the company would go under?
Didn't know it was a charity (stealing the topic from another thread).

On a side note, I'm sure things could have been delt with in another "better" way but what is done, is done. We could go on beating the dead horse but it will not change anyhing.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
We are talking about cPanel and a whopping what? 2 servers?

If 2 servers are going to bankrupt a company, then that isn't a company.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
We are talking about cPanel and a whopping what? 2 servers? If 2 servers are going to bankrupt a company, then that isn't a company.

We're talking about a company that 1 month ago was in a financial crisis because a transfer from their bank to their PayPal account took a few extra days...

GVH said "We were in a financial crisis at the time of our corporation renewal due to an issue with Stripe and the bank, however we are financially stable now"

the "crisis" http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1313825

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
PayPal has the 'instant transfer' feature. If I have a 0 balance in PayPal. I can pay any invoice via PayPal. PayPal basically initiates a ACH and fronts the cash.

So its bull that he is saying he has to fund the account first. Basically he just had no money available.

Though, I am not sure if you need anything special for the instant transfer feature, perhaps does not have the proper setup.

It should also be noted that he is talking about using the card instead, why not just hook the card up to PayPal.. or just use the card instead.

On a tangent Its always wise to use one account to pay out from for accounting purposes so really the best thing to do is just not use PayPal for outgoing (im bad about this) Its just one less thing to do on accounting day specially if you have splits like half payed from PP and half from a bank (ugh).

Most of the time if someone does not want to use a CC its because funds are low and are scared whoever they pay will subscribe the charge card.

InertiaNetworks-John

Inertia Networks, LLC
Verified Provider
PayPal has the 'instant transfer' feature. If I have a 0 balance in PayPal. I can pay any invoice via PayPal. PayPal basically initiates a ACH and fronts the cash.

So its bull that he is saying he has to fund the account first. Basically he just had no money available.

Though, I am not sure if you need anything special for the instant transfer feature, perhaps does not have the proper setup.
You have to have a CC on file for them to front the cash.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
We are talking about cPanel and a whopping what? 2 servers?If 2 servers are going to bankrupt a company, then that isn't a company.
cPanel puts openvz in the shade when it comes to overselling. What if you would loose $2/customer/month that you "upgraded" and you oversell like your favourite subject?
Without a bottomless sack of money that would bring almost anyone to over the edge.

I'm not saying that I agree with what happened. But I can understand why it ended like it did.

GVH-Jon

Banned
You have to have a CC on file for them to front the cash.
Exactly. And we don't have a CC attached to our corporate PayPal account. Nice try, Rogan.

@DomainBop - Yes and we're open about admitting it. I would rather be homeless and live in a box than have GreenValueHost collapse due to financial issues. If we were in a more extreme "crisis", our management would have each chipped in personal funds until everything is sorted.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
Nice try for what?

Is fairly easy to add the card, and then you get access to instant transfer from bank > PayPal.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
A debit card associated with the bank account you already have on file is enough to meet the requirements for the instant paypal transfers.

GVH-Jon

Banned
We didn't think that we needed a card, but thank you guys for the useful information. Highly appreciated.

trewq

Verified Provider
We didn't think that we needed a card, but thank you guys for the useful information. Highly appreciated.
You can't seriously be saying that having a marstercard/visa would not be beneficial to your business.

WSWD

Verified Provider
Lance told me he's looking into getting us one in the near future. As of now we don't have a corporate card.
You didn't get a debit card with your corporate bank account?  Do you actually have a corporate account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner