amuck-landowner

UGVPS = Thomas Dale = Crystal Dale = ChicagoVPS = Dig the Mine

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Here's my reply to "JayZ".  Welcome to the site bubba.

Unsure who the pointed comments were for, but I'll take them.

Negativity = bad for the industry?  Sure it is.   But the industry is legendarily awful.  Summer hosts, runners, hacker skids, companies that sell imaginary resources, some companies that sell annuals and do their damnedest to get rid of customers along the way, it goes on and on.  All the problems with ownership of sites like this by hosts... Yeah, the industry makes SnakeOil salesmen of past look relatively, well legit.

Unsure why you took the time to post to get the Mr. Freebie special, cause that's off topic.  It's an IPv6 only plan FYI.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I agree that the whole CC thing is getting old, however if there is something new in terms of a previously unknown or perhaps uncertain connection that casts a different light on a provider then it's right for it to be discussed.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I'm guessing you put so much effort into bashing cvps because you are a competitor and your not doing so well? Maybe I'm wrong.

One does have to think that all of the negativity, regardless of the provider your bashing is bad for the industry as a whole.

But thats not really why i'm here. I want anthonySmith to give me the link to the $3/yr vps plan advertised in his signature. cant pass up that deal.
Www.Lowendspirit.com

Read the information about what you will get really careful so you don't expect more then you will get. Earlier today there were around 30 spots ledt on the NL node. Then there will be no more unless someone gives their up.

mikho

Unsure why you took the time to post to get the Mr. Freebie special, cause that's off topic. It's an IPv6 only plan FYI.
Wrong, it comes with 20 dedicated ports on a NAT IPv4 and a handful IPv6.

So it's not a IPv6 only plan.

jarland

The ocean is digital
I'm guessing you put so much effort into bashing cvps because you are a competitor and your not doing so well? Maybe I'm wrong.

One does have to think that all of the negativity, regardless of the provider your bashing is bad for the industry as a whole.

But thats not really why i'm here. I want anthonySmith to give me the link to the $3/yr vps plan advertised in his signature. cant pass up that deal.
I'll stake my personal reputation (not some perceived internet one) and livelihood on him not running a competitive business. I'll hand over my keys and and my debit card to anyone who proves otherwise.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting

I'm not a provider and I bash on CVPS, mostly because I hate to see a bunch of scummy shell companies colluding to scam people into buying shoddy or defunct services, but also because Chris is a huge asshole

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony

I am affiliated with a provider, and I'll "bash" specific actions and mentalities out of principle.  It's not a matter of competition - hell, it takes more than just a group of cookie-cutter Solus provisionists to even be considered competition for us and some other hosts here anyways.

JayZ

ipv6 is fun. My provider (cox) does not offer ipv6 addresses nor do they handle it well, they tunnel over HE i think. A VM on a native ipv6 network for 3E, ~$4.50/yr is worth it just to screw around with.

hopefully the NAT on ipv4 wont mess with openVPN if I go that route to get over from COX.

JayZ

Here's my reply to "JayZ".  Welcome to the site bubba.

Unsure who the pointed comments were for, but I'll take them.

Negativity = bad for the industry?  Sure it is.   But the industry is legendarily awful.  Summer hosts, runners, hacker skids, companies that sell imaginary resources, some companies that sell annuals and do their damnedest to get rid of customers along the way, it goes on and on.  All the problems with ownership of sites like this by hosts... Yeah, the industry makes SnakeOil salesmen of past look relatively, well legit.

Unsure why you took the time to post to get the Mr. Freebie special, cause that's off topic.  It's an IPv6 only plan FYI.
Comments pointed to everyone in general.

All true. But this board, so far seams as if it was constructed to do nothing but bash cvps/cc and some other "shells", "buddies", etc. I'm sure if you, buffalood put the same kind of research into other companies you yould find more of the same.

I posted because i could not find the offier on his website. Seamed like a quick way to find it, and it was. ;)

JayZ

no good example at the moment but their have been cases of rackspace buying "review" websites just to clean up dirty comments.

Hostgator has also bought some of their largest resellers, reportedly with extreme coercion and then not acknowledging the purchase.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
"put the same kind of research into other companies you yould find more of the same"

Yeah but if I did that these weasels would be left unchecked.

mikho

Feel free @JayZ to recommend a dirty company and I'll gladly dig them.
"put the same kind of research into other companies you yould find more of the same"

Yeah but if I did that these weasels would be left unchecked.
Pick any top 3 from the latest vote about top providers. Have at it. Do your worst. i'm sure you will make time to continue with your other "investigations".

Disclaimer: I am NOT saying that any provider on the top list is a dirty company.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well what good would analyzing the top 3 providers do?  As far as I am aware, none of them are monumental screw ups like our old friends...

In the end you says that none of them are a dirty provider.   Am I missing the point or was that just a wasted post?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
no good example at the moment but their have been cases of rackspace buying "review" websites just to clean up dirty comments.

Hostgator has also bought some of their largest resellers, reportedly with extreme coercion and then not acknowledging the purchase.
That actually sounds very interesting. Do you have any sources? I'd like to read more.

The industry in general has some very shady characters in it, but it's not much different than the level of shadiness that can be found in any industry really. But I'm all for being hit with some new knowledge.

mikho

Well what good would analyzing the top 3 providers do? As far as I am aware, none of them are monumental screw ups like our old friends...

In the end you says that none of them are a dirty provider. Am I missing the point or was that just a wasted post?
You asked for other hosts to look into, I gave some examples. You can however pick any provider out there. It is your choice.

I ment that I wouldnt call any of them dirty since I have nothing on them but I'm sure whoever you choose to investigate, you will find something.

I'll leave this now since I have nothing to add to the discussion.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh we thought this was dead... This thread really got under Fabozzi's skin... Busted kids...

Here's Fabozzi confirming what I said.  Tommy Dale baby is an employee of the Buffalo hosting Mafia.  Formerly of CVPS, who then passed him over to big daddy ColoCrossing.

Sure feels good to be vindicated and proven correct yet again...  

WotCRnw.png

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well team, UGVPS has the current offer on LowendBox.  $30 a year for a 2GB VPS...

http://lowendbox.com/blog/ugvps-30year-2gb-openvz-vps-in-chicago-los-angeles-atlanta-buffalo/#more-4506

Let me first congratulate UGVPS with their anniversary! UGVPS were founded in October 2012 and are based in Wilkes Barre, PA. Since that time we have listed them a couple of times. Crystal noted that this offer is hosted on even better hardware than before, with servers now having new Xeon E3-v3 CPUs and LSI RAID cards. This offer is available in Chicago (IL), Los Angeles (CA), Atlanta (GA) and Buffalo (NY) all with ColoCrossing. Reviews for UGVPS have been mixed, with both very positive and very negative reviews having been posted on the internet. UGVPS did hire 4 additional support staff recently, so be sure to leave your own updated review after picking up this offer!
Anyone stupid enough to buy from UGVPS deserves the shell crap they are buying. 

How does a fellow so broke he goes to work for ChicagoVPS and ColoCrossing suddenly have 4 new support staff?  Get out of town with the posturing.  Crystal my ass, she's the baby's mama.

Yet another ColoCrossing own or invested in company.

What's next this week?  BlueVM ad?

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
How does a fellow so broke he goes to work for ChicagoVPS and ColoCrossing suddenly have 4 new support staff?  Get out of town with the posturing.  Crystal my ass, she's the baby's mama.
I'm going to disagree with the "Crystal my ass" statement because I think Crystal does do the bulk of the work at UGVPS.

My only problem with today's LEB writeup (besides the fact that I've given UGVPS a try twice and they completely sucked as far as reliabilty both times and their tech support had the technical skills of an amoeba) is that ColoCrossing employee Thomas Dale also appears to be one of the owners of Warfront Cafe LLC (which either owns 100% or 49% of UGVPS depending on who you believe).  When you have a situation where a writeup is done on a "product" that is owned by an employee of the company that owns the blog,  FTC guidelines say you should disclose this fact (I would link to the FTC guidelines but their M#!@#$F#&$ing website is closed due to the Federal government shutdown)

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Then don't forget... You have Tommy Dale endorsing ChicagoVPS...  a company by all accounts that is at least partially owned by CC.

False advertising and testimonials?   Yep, you betcha!

WhHDpMq.png

amuck-landowner