amuck-landowner

UGVPS = Thomas Dale = Crystal Dale = ChicagoVPS = Dig the Mine

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I'm going to disagree with the "Crystal my ass" statement because I think Crystal does do the bulk of the work at UGVPS.

My only problem with today's LEB writeup (besides the fact that I've given UGVPS a try twice and they completely sucked as far as reliabilty both times and their tech support had the technical skills of an amoeba) is that ColoCrossing employee Thomas Dale also appears to be one of the owners of Warfront Cafe LLC (which either owns 100% or 49% of UGVPS depending on who you believe).  When you have a situation where a writeup is done on a "product" that is owned by an employee of the company that owns the blog,  FTC guidelines say you should disclose this fact (I would link to the FTC guidelines but their M#!@#$F#&$ing website is closed due to the Federal government shutdown)

I think the two words you are looking for is, "cluster error"... err, "financial relationship"

wlanboy

Content Contributer
My only problem with today's LEB writeup (besides the fact that I've given UGVPS a try twice and they completely sucked as far as reliabilty both times and their tech support had the technical skills of an amoeba) is that ColoCrossing employee Thomas Dale also appears to be one of the owners of Warfront Cafe LLC (which either owns 100% or 49% of UGVPS depending on who you believe).
I was wondering about the ugvps offers too. They got tons of bad reviews/comments and were allowed to offer again and again. I stopped reading the blog post after this:

Reviews for UGVPS have been mixed, with both very positive and very negative reviews having been posted on the internet.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Their offer on LEB is being received like a colon examination.

The positive uptakers are surprisingly, those in love with unbelievably cheap prices.  Same people are likely those that act on SPAM and buy designer counterfeit goods.

Buying tip #1 --- Does the company have any "About Us" type materials.   A company that can say tons about their products and technical stuff, but can't say anything about their own company, their operating principles,  etc. = AVOID.

Term of Service and Privacy Policy lack any real definition and NO CORPORATE CONTACT.

Most shocking?  No Acceptable Use Policy.   The AUP is included within the ToS and is semi-laughable:

All services provided by UGVPS may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any United States Federal, State or City law is prohibited.
Now we have providers applying CITY LEVEL LAWS?  

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It doesn't say which city and gosh there are some strange localities out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
I'll bump this, cause UGVPS is having a spectacular implosion.  A week offline, cryptic defenses by CC cohorts and now Crystal claiming identify fraud by Thomas Dale and his cohorts:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/17282/ugvps-offline-my-server-offline-more-than-5-days
Oh my god, this is all so juicy

Long story short...My soon to be ex-husband is a scammer and a thief. (I will refrain from getting personal and telling you how much of a sorry excuse of a man, or a father he is.)
am that person who was talked about. However, I never once logged into IRC in my life. I don't even know how to use it. I am not a fictitious person, but I have been impersonated on numerous occasions. (probably more than i'm aware of) The person claiming to be me is a man. A very bad bad man.

If you ask me this can be as fake as same as old Crystal. Or someone who run away from responsibility.

It's just forum account. Or this Crystal looks more real than old one to anyone?
Code:
18 matches for *crystal*

+--------------------+------------------+------------+----------------------------------------+
| First seen         | Nick             | Ident      | Host                                   |
+--------------------+------------------+------------+----------------------------------------+
| 15/10/2012 07:04am | Crystal-ugvps    | ThrashIRC  | 24.229.108.253                         |
| 15/10/2012 23:32pm | Crystal-ugvps    | ~Thomas    | 24.229.108.253                         |
| 26/10/2012 05:07am | Crystal          | ~crystal   | 66.152.135.145                         |
| 26/10/2012 17:55pm | crystal-ugvps-mo | d0365a88   | gateway/web/freenode/ip.208.54.90.136  |
| 26/10/2012 18:24pm | crystal          | d0365a88   | gateway/web/freenode/ip.208.54.90.136  |
| 09/11/2012 04:51am | Crystal-UGVPS    | 18e56cfd   | gateway/web/freenode/ip.24.229.108.253 |
| 09/11/2012 04:59am | Crystal-UGVPS    | Crystal-UG | 24.229.108.253                         |
| 09/11/2012 17:34pm | Crystal-_        | ~crystal   | 66.152.135.145                         |
| 09/11/2012 17:35pm | Crystal-UGVPS_   | ~crystal   | 66.152.135.145                         |
| 09/11/2012 18:16pm | Crystal-UGVPS__  | Crystal-UG | 24.229.108.253                         |
| 24/11/2012 23:42pm | Crystal-UGVPS_   | ~AndChat32 | 66.152.135.145                         |
| 01/12/2012 12:14pm | Crystal-UGVPS    | ~crystal   | 24.229.108.253                         |
| 06/12/2012 13:41pm | Crystal-UGVPS_   | ~root      | 24.229.108.230                         |
| 06/12/2012 17:10pm | Crystal_         | ~root      | 24.229.108.230                         |
| 18/12/2012 01:50am | Crystal-UGVPS    | ~crystal   | 24.229.108.230                         |
| 01/01/2013 04:48am | Crystal-UGVPS    | ~crystal   | 24.229.108.242                         |
| 02/01/2013 00:51am | Crystal-UGVPS_   | Crystal-UG | 24.229.108.242                         |
| 02/01/2013 05:48am | Crystal-UGVPS_   | Crystal-UG | 24.229.108.253                         |

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
^--- at least one of those IPs was a smoking gun linking Thomas to ChicagoVPS :)  And, thereafter to ColoCrossing :)

If this Crystal is the real Crystal, I can confirm her details.  I have a very important piece of personal identification relating to her in my hands.  She can pull her original out of her wallet.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
No, but I use to find people who couldn't be found traditionally.  Lots of funny/scary stories there.

Matter at hand, never smelled right.  Really, in the low end segment of teenage boys and those who should be over such a phase, the presence of a female is very odd.  There are some in the larger hosting segment, but low end, blah, women have more economic sense than to do that to themselves, so I think.

Note to others planning on cornering a market in illegal ways, covertly taking over the community website and pissing on my feet, don't do it.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'm going to disagree with the "Crystal my ass" statement because I think Crystal does do the bulk of the work at UGVPS.
It seems for once you got duped @DomainBop.

Having talked with Crystal I can confirm she never had a clue about UGVPS nor was involved.  She believed everything was in Thomas' name.

It wasn't until she found this thread that she pieced everything together.  That resulted in revoking the domain (ugvps.com).

nunim

VPS Junkie
Far as I can tell from that thread, she was aware of, if not complicit in the "fraud" until recently.  Now that UGVPS has tanked and won't be providing her any income she wants to come clean?  She stated herself that she was aware of the activity and just had not done anything until recently, and if you're a non-technical person, why come on an internet forum specialized in VPSes to tell your tale..  Doesn't add up to me, some parts may be true but there's some pieces of the puzzle missing.

I always thought "Crystal" was technically inept, but I guess she's even more inept than I ever dreamed possible.  I'm not really sure why you'd pretend to be a female, it's not like there's anything to gain in the market sector by doing that.  So apparently "Thomas" is no longer a CC employee, as Chris is "looking for him" ?

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
I'm not really sure why you'd pretend to be a female, it's not like there's anything to gain in the market sector by doing that
I'll disagree.  The low end sector, especially LEB offers, attracts a lot of socially inept pubescent boys who spend their days playing Minecraft and have never come in contact with a girl.  Add a friendly female to a LEB offer (OMFG, a real girl talked to me!) and you have a marketing hit in that segment.

dzchimpo

So apparently "Thomas" is no longer a CC employee, as Chris is "looking for him" ?
Would you believe a guy who until 2 days ago said that CVPS owning UGVPS was a story?

Having talked with Crystal I can confirm she never had a clue about UGVPS nor was involved.  She believed everything was in Thomas' name.
What makes you believe that what she told you is true? 

If this Crystal is the real Crystal, I can confirm her details.  I have a very important piece of personal identification relating to her in my hands.  She can pull her original out of her wallet.

Or a copy similiar to the one you seem to possess?

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I was asked to join this forum, so here I am. 
Not by me, but welcome here anyway. I can't confirm that you're the real Crystal, but I can confirm your IP is residential to the same area and state as what I have for Thomas, so good enough for me.

amuck-landowner