amuck-landowner

URPad closing locations, merging into 3 central non-rental datacenter --- DUMPS COLOCROSSING!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
TeraFire wasn't DDoS'ed --- someone attempted to digitally murder them / put them out of business.  Big floods and kept going and going for days is my understanding.

I got the treatment like I said with that link days ago.   Auto nulled :)  That's fine, DDoS only networks for me.   Cause I am not paying the Buffalo mob protection racket money.   I wish I had forensic info because I'd corkscrew it up their ass until they said sorry or at least beat their booters down to a network of a much smaller size.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
PS: I love you whiny cry babies with your DDoS attacks.    vpsBoard is honored to be chewing up bandwidth while you attack away.  

Keep it coming! There are many more targets than you have bandwidth and booters to drown.   One of these days when I catch you I am coming over and busting your fucking arms.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
I was reading the topic and my first thought was "oh they will be ddosed for that".

And yup yet another ddos target. I just lost sight of all the latest victims.

Can anyone sum up all ddos targets of the last weeks?

As far as I remember all of them not that good friends of CC, or?

Difference between BuyVM and URPad:

BuyVM owns hardware so CC will just loose the energy/transit billings.

But URPad did just rent the servers. So that servers will idle... time for a LEB special, or?

Hopefully someone get the logs of the DNS attacks, write up abuse reports to the hosters and get some ips back.

It is a shame that ddos attacks are so cheap. If you google for it (reports) they state that is is about 120$ per hour. So someone has to pay about 3000$ per day for that "service".

A lot of money for a "angry customer" but not that much money for a "angry hoster"/dc.

Just counting the number of days through the last weeks.

Quite a lot of money spent by accident with perfect timing on some very selected targets.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I was reading the topic and my first thought was "oh they will be ddosed for that".

And yup yet another ddos target. I just lost sight of all the latest victims.

Can anyone sum up all ddos targets of the last weeks?

As far as I remember all of them not that good friends of CC, or?

Off the top of my head:

vpsBoard - But that's not unusual.

TeraFire - They offered a CC 'refugee' deal for those wanting to be in better hands. Their attack looks like it has stopped and moved to URPad.

URPad - Well, you see why.

But I'm sure they'll say, "It's not coming from our network" if prompted. It's worth noting anyway, as it's unlikely coincidence. I doubt someone who isn't related to them would be issuing these, all things considered. Time will tell though.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Add to that list  attacked in past week roughly:

vpsBoard images host (which we haven't officially re-launched)

coloscamming.com which is a CC site with their rack photos.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I'll try to play the devils advocate and say it isn't them but the deck is for sure loaded in that direction >_>

VPSB gets a pretty constant flood last I checked. As far as I know terafire is filtering through us. I'm not sure what got targeted on their end, though.

I expect to see HVH/GVH will do another round of $75/month E3's like they've done before. A couple months back HVH was fire selling 8 some odd of those on WHT. HVH is the screwed up one of the bunch. A brand that no more than a few months ago was about to go broke over owing ~$2000 to CC is now reselling every last thing they can from CC.

If I was a dedicated reseller at CC I would be screaming for the $75/month deals. Ernie's brand is small and no amount of whoring on LE & paid reviews on WHT is going to suddenly turn him into the kinda guy that can go buy $8,000 in E3's just to have them take 3 years to break even.

Jon quoted me ~$250/20A for the 2nd strip and like $350 - $400 for a 3rd strip so of that $75/month you're already eating $15/month - $20/month in power costs alone. Lets say Jon really likes Earnie and wants to see him grow so he at costs the physical rack and some bandwidth (say $1000/month for the rack, power, & a couple hundred mbit transit). You're talking $50/server in costs alone, leaving you ~$15/month in capital to cover support costs, admin costs, IP costs (~$0), & costs to pay back the purchase.

It'd literally be 3 - 4 years to pay off the gear. The number is really 5 years but Jon's the most aggressive sales rep I know so the prices are likely quite a bit less than that.

Now, for RTO's there's been multiple numbers floating around that say CC only charges 6% interest for the life of the RTO.

It's just a huge ass wall of 'at cost' operations. It's always possible he has some king-pin big wig customers that lets them swim in so much spare capital that he can feed the market from the teet to keep LE alive (and healthy?).

My bets on the next fire sale of those boxes? GVH/HVH. I can't see it being Chris, he seems to prefer much more affordable gear ($20 - $40/month stuff), I'm guessing they're just a lot easier to push out the door than a full blown E3.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I wonder if those Iranians pay full rate at CC?  Or is that how they finance the giveaways, with dirty money?

Someone is bankrolling those clowns.  You can't lose money on a server for 3 years, which is about the useful life span of the gear.

Last edited by a moderator:

switsys

/.../  but I would hate to be customers getting shifted to a new location, I'm sure this will piss off a lot of customers.
Yes, this is pure sh*t. I chose them EXCLUSIVELY for one of their European locations.

Then this comes straight OUT OF THE BLUE.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
In related news....

URPad's ticketing and ordering stuff still seems to be offline / under attack.

@Chris Miller,  update on things?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well,  I just noticed their panel and customer stuff is BACK ONLINE!

Their stuff is out there in Los Angeles behind filtering now.

Glad to see this. 

raidz

Am I the only one who was stoked when I saw that they are offering DDoS protection at the Blacklotus dc?

URPad guys: What kind of protection is this, how does it work? 10gbit, 1gbit protection? PPS? When do you nullroute?

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Am I the only one who was stoked when I saw that they are offering DDoS protection at the Blacklotus dc?

URPad guys: What kind of protection is this, how does it work? 10gbit, 1gbit protection? PPS? When do you nullroute?
and breathe.... :p

wlanboy

Content Contributer

Their product page gives a first hint:

Guaranteed DDoS Protection
Every Black Lotus customer is protected by our Guaranteed DDoS Protection at little or no additional cost. By including a significant amount of DDoS protection with every service package, we are able to prevent most customers from ever having to purchase an upgrade. Many customers are able to realize substantial savings by preventing separate service and DDoS protection expenses.

• Protection against all known attacks, with a guaranteed minimum of 10 Gbps and 6,000,000 packets per second

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yep, interesting the Los Angeles BlackLotus filtering.

Good to have alternatives to the CNServers-only filtering.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
So how is everyone finding the move? I'm half way considering a Houston VPS but want to wait until all the transfers are done as it seems like they're swamped and behind as per LET comments. Don't want to jump into the mix just yet :p

amuck-landowner